Author Topic: In Memory Of Nina  (Read 2311 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
In Memory Of Nina
« on: February 04, 2008, 12:11:55 PM »
I got sucked into the series Full Metal Alchemist-this is a montage about a little girl Nina and her dog-they were inseparable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyAmIxFo8gY&feature=related

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: In Memory Of Nina
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »
Can I say something utterly uncool?  :o I think the animation on those Jap anime cartoons sucks. Any thirties Walt Disney cartoon does better and is a real work of art in comparison.

Of course I'm missing the point.  ???

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 02:38:48 PM »
Depends on the series, like anything from Studio Gibli is a work of art.

Death Note as amazing art work, story &  music. Try the first season of Death Note, they have to have it dubbed in German?

You really need to buy a complete series or season and sit down & watch it. My wife hated it at first too, but the stories & characters are so well done, it sucks you in.

I used to think the same thing, growing up on Speed Racer, Kimba the White Lion & Astro Boy. But Japanese anime gets so deep into the characters, back story, with occasionally shocking stuff like what happened to Nina and her dog. It's hardly for little kids

Half of Naruto is just going back into their tragic pasts, and unlike American comics, once a character dies, they stay dead, once a series is over its over. Also they have really strange perspectives on whats good & evil, there are really no characters that are black & white, good & bad.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,327085,00.html

How lame! Captain America is coming back as Bucky!

Captain America's alter-ego, Steve Rogers, is still resting in peace at Arlington National Cemetery, having been done in by assassins last March. But his good buddy and sidekick from the 1940s, Bucky Barnes, has picked up the bulletproof Captain America shield, put on a new uniform and taken his place.

You need to sit down and watch Death Note or Spirited Away.

Andrew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »
You a comic nerd too John?  :)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 03:23:53 AM »
I like Spidey. And my favorite villain is Dr. Doom, that curious mix of Darth Vader and Robin Hood. The Lizard is nice too - for its personal tragedy (all he tried was regrow his hand!). Doc Oc was always nice to Aunt May, lots of splendid vllains ...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 07:46:30 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 06:05:09 AM »
You a comic nerd too John? 

I grew up in the Silver comic age, the Jack Kirby/John Berne X men years.  I was always more of a Marvel guy, my teenage son still is.

They lost me in the 90's with the whole Spider clone saga. They changed focus on gimmicks-foil covers and new uniforms etc. Then the whole Todd McFarline saga, where the art & printing was more important than the story- by this time comics had become so expensive and adult driven, they totally alienated kids. The movies restored the child adience, but not the comics.

THe character and story are no longer important in US comics, although you still get a great run of a writer & artist (Iron Fist right now)

With Japanese Manga, the writer is the also the artist.

Dr Doom was my favorite villain along with the Inhumans & Galactus.

I like Iron Man as a kid, but Tony Stark is such an Ahole- the movies casting was spot on for Tony.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 06:44:41 AM »
You a comic nerd too John?  :)
i think anybody who posts on message boards is a nerd.i love comics,sci-fi,monster/horror,epic kinda stuff.i bet we all do or at least did at some point.i love all the marvel stuff,most of the movies have been good.but i'm really looking forward to the new Batman and Indiana Jones.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES