Author Topic: Great score on a reissue SG Bass  (Read 5599 times)

marcnorth

• View Profile
Great score on a reissue SG Bass
« on: February 04, 2008, 11:57:38 AM »
Just bought this one this morning and was able to go pick it up right after I bought it.
Cool bass, it will go good with my white reissue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-SG-Supreme-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ280198181367QQihZ018QQcategoryZ64402QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Great score on a reissue SG Bass
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 12:04:31 PM »
Congratulations! Uwe had linked to the auction in this thread: http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=122.0. Glad to see one of us snagged it.

marcnorth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 12:13:54 PM »
The link he posted was the other one the same guy had posted at the first of the month. He said he had 2 of them.
He just posted this one this morning. I would like to have one of the fireburst ones too. If they stay that low I'll have to pick one up.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 12:16:05 PM »
So you bought the bass I was looking at!!!

I went home to talk to my boss  about letting me buy it and was going to push the button and it was gone!

Thank you! I was going to butcher it anyway. I was going to transplant the guts of my EB-0 project bass and even put a kahler on it (somewhere in Germany a lawyer spits coffee all over his computer screen)!

I really don't need another bass, at this point. I still have the Lakland DPLEIII headed to me in January

Next I will get an LP triumph, put a Bigsby on it and cut away the lower horn for upper fret access (Somewhere in the Netherlands Rob spits coffee all over his computer screen)!

« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:21:25 PM by Barklessdog »

marcnorth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:19:18 PM »
I have another custom ordered Hamer double cut in process so I really didn't need to spend the money either but it's hard to resist at that price.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 12:22:45 PM »
it's hard to resist at that price.
Agreed, you can't go wrong. That's $100 less than a faded SG Reissue.

Stupid deals you have to snag fast.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 12:42:56 PM »
Great score~ she's a beaut! Congrats!

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 12:48:22 PM »
Congrats!  I was even tempted by that one, but I'm making progress - I exercised restraint!   :)   I especially like it, since it reminds me of what the offspring of two of my personal favorites might look like:

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 01:10:08 PM »
Congratulations Marc! That's a steal. A question about the white SG RI. All pics I've seen of them seems to show they have ebony fretboards. True?

marcnorth

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 02:08:12 PM »
Congratulations Marc! That's a steal. A question about the white SG RI. All pics I've seen of them seems to show they have ebony fretboards. True?

Thanks, my white SG RI has a rosewood fretboard, it seems to be darker in color but it's not ebony.

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 02:12:29 PM »
Ok thanks. Maybe the contrast is decieveing after all. I did compare pics between whites and other finished SG's taken by the same seller at same location and no matter how I looked at it I would think the whites had ebony fretboards just like the white T'birds have. Oh well.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »
Naw, it's rosewood alright (which I actually prefer to ebony) on the SG Supreme. A steal of a buy and a very fine bass. The whole SG RI line was one fine creation, but the GoW Supremes really add something with that thick maple top which gives them more edge and attack.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2008, 06:03:25 PM »
Nice score! There really are some great prices showing up on new Gibson's lately.
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

PWV

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 07:22:10 PM »
Great score!  I saw that while I've been hunting for an SGR, cuz I tried one of these at GC a couple of weeks ago and was very impressed - so I picked up this Caribbean Blue one from Bizarre Guitars....should arrive this week.   These are way underrated imo, great basses for the $$$

ReidH

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 09:24:02 PM »
They are great sounding basses. I picked up a Supreme version in December based on the good reviews form members of this forum.  Plays and sounds fantastic.  Quality wise was very good except for one significant escape from the factory.  Three of the four screws mounting one of the tuners were never installed.  Still, possibly the best short scale bass Gibson has ever built.

Reid