Author Topic: LP spezial  (Read 1538 times)

ampang

• View Profile
LP spezial
« on: February 04, 2008, 04:00:25 AM »
Here Uwe is definitely required..

from your homeland comes this:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Gibson-Les-Paul-Spezial-Bass-5-Saiter-Raritaet_W0QQitemZ150211585809QQihZ005QQcategoryZ87486QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that looks really interesting..I have tried a babel fish translation to get the basic meaning of description but i'm not sure about what I' have undrstood.

Any comment on this beast...for sure it looks sexy, but how about the sound?

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: LP spezial
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 05:03:19 AM »
It's just an off -the-rack regular LP Special in 5 string version - I have it in black/ebony. White was a standard color of these beasts. TB Plus with Bart TCT circuit. They have a mighty sound, a bit too mighty even for my taste.

Uwe
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 05:08:50 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 12:55:39 PM »
I have never seen a fiver in white. That's pretty rare. They almost always turn up in black (5 strings), except for Uwe's stunning amber one.

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 01:06:29 PM »
I've seen three of these for sale in Sweden the last couple of years. Two white, one black.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »
I have never seen a fiver in white. That's pretty rare. They almost always turn up in black (5 strings), except for Uwe's stunning amber one.

The amber one with the tiger stripes is a DeLuxe with Bart pups, not the Special with the TB Plus.

Even the original LP Special 5 string pic on the Gibson site showed a white specimen. I agree that it looks better than black though which is kind of non-descript on a flat top bass. A black Standard would be something though!

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...