Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Bachbirds

(1/6) > >>

FrankieTbird:

Haven't heard much on the Bachbirds lately, is everyone still in love with them?

Which series run seems to be the most desired at this point?

I had a cherry series 3 IV, then I got a white series 2 II, so I sold the cherry one cuz I'm not much of a fan of dual pickups.  They were both fine instruments though.  I also prefer the series 2 because of the way the pickguard is positioned on the body.  What I think I'd really love would be a thick body with the arm & belly cuts, coupled with the thin neck.  I don't believe that beast was ever built by Bach though, correct?

FrankieTbird:

Looking back at my pictures, it appears the neck on the series 2 is set about 1 fret further in to the body than the series 3, which is why the pickguard sits lower on the body.  Is that correct?

Basvarken:
The two last series had the arm cut and belly cut.
I think that arm cut did not look good on the NR Tbird. But that's my opinion.

The second series is probably the most popular.
They are rare.

The third series had the largest production numbers.

BaCH kept changing little things with each series. I have not kept track of all the minor changes.

Established1966:
Absolutely love my BachBird!
Plays so effortlessly and sounds fantastic, growls like a beast. Though to be honest it's been modified heavily...

Denis:

--- Quote from: Basvarken on February 16, 2018, 10:12:59 AM ---The two last series had the arm cut and belly cut.
I think that arm cut did not look good on the NR Tbird. But that's my opinion.

The second series is probably the most popular.
They are rare.

The third series had the largest production numbers.

BaCH kept changing little things with each series. I have not kept track of all the minor changes.

--- End quote ---

There were what, 20 in the first series, 30 in the second. Any idea how many were in the third? I couldn't imagine it was more than 50 or so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version