Author Topic: The devil made him do it!  (Read 43 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: The devil made him do it!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 12:11:50 PM »
Yet another example of people who believe they are right so strongly that those who disagree can die. It's one of the worst aspects of religion since societies began. The scary thing about this is that I'll bet he would claim to be a Christian (capital C.)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 01:47:36 PM »

The more I learn about Satanists, the more I like them.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 02:16:05 PM »
Those mock satanists are of course intellectual provocateurs, not everybody comprehends their approach of putting free human will - I can see Auntie Ayn R smiling from her grave, she never thought much of religion - above adoration of and devotion to any form of supernatural deity. When I read about them on school boards a while ago, I thought to myself this might not end well in the US of A, never underestimate stupidity and ignorance. All religion is potentially dangerous.

I arrived at the conclusion that there is no devil already as a child, even earlier than surmising that there is no God either. I can't have been older than eight or nine, I just defined both out of my life. Psychologists will however have to say something about the fact that I love movies about the occult - it's all humbug to me, but I'm thoroughly entertained by it and find hanging on the edge of my seat with goose bumps pleasant. Ghosts, Satan, Lucifer & the Beelzebub, demons, exorcisms, haunted houses, vampires, bring'em on! And when the end credits roll, I switch on the light and go to bed totally unperturbed (but deeply satisfied if it was a good one) and no creaking door, wind-flung window or rushing curtain bothers me. I never dream of anything occult either.

PS: Well, there was one dream ... A year or so after my dad had died I had this extremely vivid dream of him and me doing garden work together. Now if you knew my dad: Doing garden work with him was excruciatingly terrible and best avoided, because nothing I did was ever good enough.  :mrgreen: But this time we worked smoothly together, got things done - an unreal experience! And near the end of the dream, we're standing around looking at the heaps of garden waste as I suddenly ask him point blank: You are aware that you're dead though, right? And he just gave me one of those trademark slow silent crooked smiles of him, nodded a little and then starts fading away like in some cheesy ghost movie ...

And then I woke up and felt real good about it!  :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 02:45:47 PM by uwe »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 03:13:13 PM »
As much as I liked Golden Earring's whimsical view of the subject with "The Devil Made Me Do It," Chuck Berry already had them beat.  When it comes to dreams, though, I usually don't have much good to say.  Too dreary for me.  I envy other people who can speak about their dreams in a positive way. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDgHL85RtDc
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2024, 06:56:37 PM »
My nightmares are always about things I've broken and they can't be repaired!