Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Here we go again... the S/5 is back

(1/12) > >>

ilan:
https://www.facebook.com/ricguitars/photos/a.235194499897542.57215.235019996581659/1674999699250341/?type=3&theater

RIC's official facebook page: "Who's ready for NAMM next week?"

Assuming the TRC is the standard dimensions, my guess is string spacing is still tight (5 strings crammed in a 4 normal neck) and consequently a 5-saddle bridge in a modified tailpiece.

Dave W:
It will sell, whatever the spacing. And Jeff R. will find a reason to be unhappy, whatever it turns out to be.

ilan:

--- Quote from: Dave W on January 20, 2018, 01:11:24 PM ---And Jeff R. will find a reason to be unhappy, whatever it turns out to be.

--- End quote ---
;D So true

Alanko:
Rickenbacker basses are a daft candidate for 5-strings anyway. What next, 5 string Hofner Violin basses? If Rickenbacker redesigned the 4003 from the ground up for 5-string configuration then fair enough, but I wager they've simply tacked on another tuner, filed the nut with 5 slots and stuck 5 saddles on the bridge. Maybe jimmied 5 poles onto the pickups as well.

Dave W:
I remember John Hall posting at the pit about 10-12 years ago that none of the top ten selling basses were 5 strings. RIC doesn't see the demand. They sell everything they can make to their authorized dealers, I sure don't see them designing a 5er from the ground up. Why bother?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version