Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Fast Eddie Clarke RIP

<< < (2/4) > >>

doombass:
The Overkill album is my favourite as well. The thing with the Eddie-era to me is that everyone had such huge characterics, playing style and soundwise. Obviously Lemmy had his voice and bass sound, but Eddie and Philthy were'nt far behind adding lots of character. Eddie never won any guitar polls and he was kind of a one trick pony. But nobody would be able to fill his shoes in Motörhead (not even such a great guitarplayer as Robbo). I'm a big fan of the later lineups as well. They made good songs and played well but to me the people replacing Eddie and Philthy could more or less have been any good guitarist or drummer.

uwe:
Triple ace of spades.  :-\  They went like they came and lived - fast (once Philthy had made his exit).

Are they now the first complete (and original at that) line-up of a metal band in Höven?

wellREDman:

--- Quote from: uwe on January 18, 2018, 09:46:27 AM ---Are they now the first complete (and original at that) line-up of a metal band in Höven?

--- End quote ---
The Ramones ?
not really metal but in the same league

uwe:
Do ze bruddahs already have a drummer in rock'n'roll heaven?

Dave W:

--- Quote from: uwe on January 31, 2018, 06:44:24 AM ---Do ze bruddahs already have a drummer in rock'n'roll heaven?

--- End quote ---

Yes, Tommy died a few years ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version