Author Topic: Re: Music videos that feature Gibson EB-2 and Epi Rivoli basses...  (Read 34802 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Music videos that feature Gibson EB-2 and Epi Rivoli basses...
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2020, 08:30:35 AM »
Just because she couldn't wrinkle her nose ...

She may just not be that kind of girl.

I don't know much about the band Perry.  But I think they used to consider themselves country, then intentionally switched to pop.  Most likely, though, they were never really country in the first place.  Real country has a certain feel to it which I wouldn't even try to explain because I can't. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2020, 08:49:20 AM »
The Band Perry =  :puke:

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2020, 10:10:27 PM »
RE- the Band Perry

I worked crew for their show for their "hometown crowd" in Greeneville, TN a couple years ago. They're a faux set of sibling performers who didn't even bother TRYING to lip sync to the ProTools rig that was running through the PA. Milli Vanillli would have been embarrassed by how obviously fake they are.  I have their first album which had some catchy songwriting and promise for potential to turn into a Taylor Swift-style pop crossover.  They lack her talent and work ethic. Country? They're barely music.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2020, 09:08:14 AM »
Himmel, what a vicious, vile bunch you all are!  :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuVJEn9wk9Y
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2020, 09:45:20 AM »
I had to endure a bro-country ad before the Band Perry video would even play.  Very painful. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2020, 11:28:07 AM »

RE- the Band Perry

I worked crew for their show for their "hometown crowd" in Greeneville, TN a couple years ago. They're a faux set of sibling performers who didn't even bother TRYING to lip sync to the ProTools rig that was running through the PA. Milli Vanillli would have been embarrassed by how obviously fake they are.  I have their first album which had some catchy songwriting and promise for potential to turn into a Taylor Swift-style pop crossover.  They lack her talent and work ethic. Country? They're barely music.

:sad:

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2020, 12:59:12 PM »
New music by the Band Perry.  If you can make it through the whole song, then you have an iron will.  I couldn't do it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMXQ8Cn_NaM

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2020, 03:10:41 PM »
It certainly wasn't a commercial move, they lost almost all their fans and stalled their career. But - much like Taylor Swift - they felt confined by their former Country Pop and switched to this "Euro Dance Pop" (for lack of a better word). It might have been a sincere move, perhaps that is the kind of music they actually listened to on the tour bus, but I'm not sure it was well-advised.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 04:45:06 PM by uwe »

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2020, 03:16:34 PM »
It certainly wasn't a commercial move, they lost almost all their fans and stalled their career. But - much like Taylor Swift - they felt confined by their former Country Pop and switched to this "Euro Dance Pop" (for lack of a better word). It might have been a sincere move, perhaps that is the kind of music they actually listened  to on the tour bus, but I'm not sure it was well-advised.

I think I read somewhere that that was just the music they genuinely liked.  So for better or worse I guess it makes sense to play music you really want to play.  You may not have many fans wanting to hear it, though. 

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2020, 04:52:22 PM »
Personally, I don't know what possessed them to exchange a functioning, living rhythm section for phoned-in DJ beats heard a zillion times before and rape Kimberly's flawless, pure voice with auto-tune (as a style element, not to correct her pitch). Perhaps they wanted to sound more like Paramore, but they are nowhere as quirky with their new music, just lame.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2020, 07:41:33 PM »
Personally, I don't know what possessed them to exchange a functioning, living rhythm section for phoned-in DJ beats heard a zillion times before and rape Kimberly's flawless, pure voice with auto-tune (as a style element, not to correct her pitch). Perhaps they wanted to sound more like Paramore, but they are nowhere as quirky with their new music, just lame.

That's a good point I hadn't even thought of about trying to be more like Paramore.  But their attempts are just outright boring. 

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2024, 07:53:00 AM »
An Epi EB-2/Rivoli (good shot at 00:38) celebrating timeless manhood ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo6T5BwxFh0