Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Warwick Idolmaker

<< < (5/8) > >>

Chris P.:

I don't like the colour combination with gold hardware, but I do like the shape.

Dave W:
That doesn't look like it will balance well.

Granny Gremlin:

--- Quote from: Psycho Bass Guy on January 10, 2018, 09:23:20 AM ---It looks like an EB-2 melt-morphing into a Thunderbird.

--- End quote ---

Yep.

But not that original - a lot of boutique Thunder/Firebird copies do that exact same thing with the raised portions of the body (while retaining a generally more T/Fbird shape). 

Rob:

--- Quote from: Granny Gremlin on January 14, 2018, 11:29:51 AM ---Yep.

But not that original - a lot of boutique Thunder/Firebird copies do that exact same thing with the raised portions of the body (while retaining a generally more T/Fbird shape).

--- End quote ---
I agree with Jake.
I do like the lines but subjective review of the color combos would be critical.

uwe:

--- Quote from: amptech on January 10, 2018, 11:08:13 PM ---I liked the error pic. better!

--- End quote ---

:rimshot: :rimshot:

I reminds me of that one Swiss-Italian guitar boutique I can't think of the name right now - sort of the Ritter of guitars, they have "molten shapes" like that quite often.

Yes, Warwick is intrepid in trying new things, but at the same time their stylings vary so greatly (and they are also intrepid in swiping other people's ideas) it is sometimes hard to identify a Warwick look if it weren't for that tell-tale-harestock where I fully second Rob's esthetic concerns. In a way, Warwick are like Ibanez in that respect.

"Idolmaker" sounds like something Dean would come up with.  :rolleyes:

PS: I remembered the name! Pagelli!!! (He and his wife also design for other brands.)

And the "Who framed Roger Rabbit?"-bass:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version