Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Glenn Cornick bass timeline excerpt regarding Eccleshall THunderbird...

<< < (2/2)

Alanko:
I for one would be interested in a Glenn Cornick bass history lesson!

Any idea as to where he got the black pickguard he put on the Tbird he played at the Isle of Wight?

Denis:

--- Quote from: Alanko on January 09, 2018, 02:06:05 PM ---I for one would be interested in a Glenn Cornick bass history lesson!

Any idea as to where he got the black pickguard he put on the Tbird he played at the Isle of Wight?

--- End quote ---

I don't, but I did note it in my comments; there is something interesting about it. Bear with me while I figure out how to transfer all the information...

Psycho Bass Guy:

--- Quote from: Pilgrim on January 09, 2018, 11:16:07 AM ---Waylon was well known for that look...seems like leather has made an interesting cover/pickguard for guitars and basses over the years.

--- End quote ---

...another little known Waylon-ism: his signature Tele's were set-neck (rarer than hen's teeth too- the Waylon Tele's currently  for sale online I have found are "tribute" Fender CS models and NOT his actual signature model).

I have a friend whose main bass for years has been a moccasin-style, leather-covered '74 Precision. The cover on it is VERY thick. Don't know if it adds anything to the tone.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Psycho Bass Guy on January 09, 2018, 10:44:51 PM ---...another little known Waylon-ism: his signature Tele's were set-neck (rarer than hen's teeth too- the Waylon Tele's currently  for sale online I have found are "tribute" Fender CS models and NOT his actual signature model).

I have a friend whose main bass for years has been a moccasin-style, leather-covered '74 Precision. The cover on it is VERY thick. Don't know if it adds anything to the tone.

--- End quote ---

I didn't know that. The 90s Custom Shop artist series Waylon model was definitely a bolt-on. Wildwood has one for sale now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version