Author Topic: New Embassy at Sam Ash  (Read 2459 times)

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
Re: New Embassy at Sam Ash
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 03:40:47 PM »
The Australian woman was  schapelle-corby           http://www.couriermail.com.au/lifestyle/schapelle-corby-applies-for-the-dole-as-she-lives-the-lush-life-of-an-instagram-celeb/news-story/e5ce20b1b4af5ad73c8124ab22dbc5e0  and that seemed to be a case of smug druggling(but who knows for sure).
Louder bass!.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »
Are there any vintage pro thunderbirds that have made in China stickers on them? Indonesia has a better reputation for wood working and with the multi laminate neck through construction, I think it's a better place for the T-birds to be made. I went to Bali on a vacation once and saw all kinds of artistically carved wood pieces for furniture or decoration. It's too bad about the American woman with the medical marijuana prescription that got busted there and is in indefinite incarceration now. I think it might have something to do with the Muslim majority nation's displeasure with Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capitol. But hey, if that doesn't bother you, at least you can score a mean Thunderbird from there.

I don't think guitarmaking in Indonesia is any more advanced than in China. All depends on the particular factory and the price point. Gibson may have just contracted with a particular factory in Indonesia that could handle it. The Qingdao Gibson/Epi factories may not be set up for neck-through construction.

Indonesia's drug laws are draconian and have been that way for decades, it has nothing to do with US policy. A drug dealing conviction means the death penalty. I remember reading about 30 years ago that two Australians were sentenced to death by hanging for selling drugs.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 06:04:16 PM »
I would have been much more careful had I known this on my trip. One small island had an abundance of magic mushrooms and there didn't seem to be any attempts to conceal the local market for them. Plenty of surfers in Bali weren't worried about sparking up either. Another lucky break I had was one of the clubs I picked up a girl from Perth in was bombed by Al Qaeda only a few months after my visit. Despite the drug laws, active volcanoes  and terrorist threat, the region is quite lovely and worth checking out. Bali is actually mainly Hindu, the rest of the country praises Allah which may explain the harsh sentencing. Beasley's current predicament may not have been spurned by current politics but I'm sure it doesn't work in his favor.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 10:56:12 PM »
Another thing about Indonesia is that they say Indonesian isn't categorized as one of the more difficult languages.  Although as the saying goes, no language is learned without tears.  BTW, the Allen Woody (Blue Royale only) is made in Indonesia. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal