Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

New Embassy at Sam Ash

(1/4) > >>

Denis:
Today at Sam Ash I saw they actually had one of the new Embassies in Antique White. I was curious so I took a look. It's small and light and looked good until I felt the frets. Sharp edges all over the place and most of them seemed to be incorrectly cut to fit the width of the fretboard. I was surprised but wondered if the thing had sat in an ice cold truck for days and somehow caused the wood to shrink. I thought it was a shame.
Also, and I didn't know this, the Embassies are made in China.

patman:
sorry to hear that...I have been considering an Embassy

Dave W:
AFAIK all Epis are made in China now, in the two factories in Qingdao owned by Gibson. At least the solidbodies are.

That Embassy came from the same production line as the new Vintage Pro TBirds, and those have been okay shipped from Sweetwater, so my guess would be weather-related shrinkage of the fretboard.

Denis:

--- Quote from: Dave W on January 04, 2018, 12:20:25 PM ---AFAIK all Epis are made in China now, in the two factories in Qingdao owned by Gibson. At least the solidbodies are.

That Embassy came from the same production line as the new Vintage Pro TBirds, and those have been okay shipped from Sweetwater, so my guess would be weather-related shrinkage of the fretboard.

--- End quote ---

I dunno, Dave, my new Epi Vintage Pro T-bird has a "Made in Indonesia" sticker on the back of the headstock.

Denis:

--- Quote from: patman on January 04, 2018, 12:00:35 PM ---sorry to hear that...I have been considering an Embassy

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't discount one just because of the one I looked it. Everything else about it was pretty damn nice!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version