Author Topic: Job Opportunity  (Read 3264 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Job Opportunity
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »
It's pretty obvious Henry wants it known that they just want to completely (rhymes with duck) things up... :vader:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 09:34:56 AM »
Yes, that's true. My point, though, is that if you're planning on buying a nice gift for someone who liked Gibson and you're even prepared to pay a lot if necessary, it can get pretty frustrating to go to a site like MF and find that the lifestyle products are overwhelmingly Fender.

....which is one reason that Fender has hung on as well as it has. I think that company has a better grasp of its marketplace and positioning.

Gibson has traditionally been a high end instrument company with an image to match. That's not a bad thing in today's market where people will pay for perceived value, but I'm surprised they don't do more merchandising around it.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 10:38:51 AM »
....which is one reason that Fender has hung on as well as it has. I think that company has a better grasp of its marketplace and positioning.

Gibson has traditionally been a high end instrument company with an image to match. That's not a bad thing in today's market where people will pay for perceived value, but I'm surprised they don't do more merchandising around it.
In the real heyday of each of these companies there were a lot more people buying guitars and a lot less quality options too.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 07:37:22 PM »

Fender has done well.  But its ubiquity can also be a little too much at times.  Like where I live there used to be about six music stores.  After 2008 they all began to gradually close.  I'm sure that was due to a number of factors.  Now there is only one left.  It's downtown and only sells Fender and Squier.  I used to be able to go to music stores and try out any brand of bass I wanted.  Plus, I was constantly meeting people like an old drummer from way back and other interesting people, too. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »
I think Uwe would be perfect for that job.

I would turn it into a Gibson Protektorat perhaps?

Naw, I'd finally introduce a long scale, three-single-coils Stratobasster- a Ritchie Blackmore Signature Model with scalloped neck in the upper registers à la Billy Sheehan's Attitude and whammy bar!!! With regenerating neck growth for obvious reasons.

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 07:11:51 AM »
^
LMAO!! 

It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal