Author Topic: NBD - Mike Lull  (Read 1225 times)

planetgaffnet

• View Profile
    • Nancy Johnson
NBD - Mike Lull
« on: December 31, 2017, 07:38:33 AM »
New Mike Lull arrived end of last week.  Oversized NRT5, satin black.  It sounds totally different to the JAXT4 I own. Very happy.
P

The future I come from no longer exists.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: NBD - Mike Lull
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 10:09:47 AM »
Great!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 12:46:40 PM »
 8)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 07:59:03 PM »
Nice! I love satin black finishes.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 01:35:19 AM »
Nice! I love satin black finishes.

I'm finding myself being drawn to satin black more and more. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

planetgaffnet

• View Profile
    • Nancy Johnson
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 06:02:31 AM »
I'm finding myself being drawn to satin black more and more.

The only immediate downside with the Lull satin finish is that it feels a little like suede for a while; my old JAX took a month or two of use to kind of knock it back a bit so it was smooth in the right areas (forearm bout, back of body).  The upside is that (on the JAXT4) it's been extremely knock resistant.  I've had a couple of oh, f*** moments where I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a Sharpie out, but not even a mark on it.
The future I come from no longer exists.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 07:54:00 AM »
The only immediate downside with the Lull satin finish is that it feels a little like suede for a while; my old JAX took a month or two of use to kind of knock it back a bit so it was smooth in the right areas (forearm bout, back of body).  The upside is that (on the JAXT4) it's been extremely knock resistant.  I've had a couple of oh, f*** moments where I'm thinking I'm going to have to get a Sharpie out, but not even a mark on it.

Almost anything can have drawbacks, but I think I'll always find satin black appealing. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 10:16:32 AM »

My 2004 USA Music Man SUB Sterling has the textured matte black finish. 13 years and the body is still flawless despite knocking it against stuff a number of times. I did manage to put a ding in the top of the headstock.