Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

I am shocked!

<< < (2/6) > >>

uwe:

--- Quote from: Granny Gremlin on December 17, 2017, 03:42:13 PM ---Sorry, out of hand in what way exactly; not sure I understand what you mean.

--- End quote ---

Not Gene's hand, he didn't mean.

Dave W:

--- Quote from: uwe on December 18, 2017, 06:29:30 PM ---Tantamount to rape, the man's a demon.

I'll never forgive these people for taking Frank Underwood off the show.

We live in a world where raping infants for a sick video shoot and patting a 17-year old on her butt are all somehow lumped together. One is a case for a severe jail sentence (and psychological treatment), the other for a simple old-fashioned slap in the face. I think there is a vast difference between the two.

--- End quote ---

Exactly. This isn't rape or attempted rape, it's not a case where a subordinate is afraid of losing her job, etc. If it really happened, slap in the face or a NO or STOP is appropriate. Instead, she files a Jane Doe suit seeking damages. Screw her. I won't be surprised if her identity is discovered, and then she'll find out what real harassment is.

At least she's not bringing up something that allegedly happened 20 years ago. I'm sick and tired of careers being destroyed over minor infractions from ages ago. No doubt some of these men did what they're accused of, but some of the accusations are really suspect. It's just like false rape accusations, they make some people doubt all rape allegations. That hurts real victims.

clankenstein:
In the immortal word of Todd Rundgren - You just don't know what people will do next.

bassilisk:

--- Quote from: Dave W on December 18, 2017, 07:42:16 PM ---At least she's not bringing up something that allegedly happened 20 years ago. I'm sick and tired of careers being destroyed over minor infractions from ages ago. No doubt some of these men did what they're accused of, but some of the accusations are really suspect. It's just like false rape accusations, they make some people doubt all rape allegations. That hurts real victims.
--- End quote ---

I have to say I'm behind this. It reminds me of a case from long ago about a world famous comedian, Fatty Arbuckle. The guy was like Elvis in his day. Then he was accused of raping a young woman at a party, went to trial for it 3 times and was ultimately exonerated, which included an apology from the court for subjecting him to an ordeal he clearly had nothing to do with. His fall from grace was swift and final. No one would touch him afterwards.
https://www.thoughtco.com/fatty-arbuckle-scandal-1779625

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: Dave W on December 18, 2017, 07:42:16 PM ---It's just like false rape accusations, they make some people doubt all rape allegations. That hurts real victims.
--- End quote ---

That's what really sucks. There are obviously countless women and children that have been violated, but then along come a handful of gold-diggers to cast doubt on the stories of the genuinely abused.  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version