Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

Advice needed - 70s P neck on a new Aerodyne body?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Dave W:
That's definitely on the light side for a J body, even for swamp ash.

ilan:
Got some progress pics today in the mail. Now they are going to darken the exposed wood and buff it. I opted for no checking. It looks a lot like the color and wear on my '75 P (relic'ed by 40+ years of playing, 30 of which were my playing).

ilan:
Received the body. Very nice and light weight. But it's drilled for a side jack. I didn't ask for that. It's visible in the secont pic but I didn't notice.

MJT offers to make me another body.

I'm not sure what to do. First, I don't want to wait another 3 months. And I don't know if I'll get a 4lbs. ash body. And I already paid a total of $183 for shipping to Israel + VAT + fees, I'll have to pay that again for another body. And I'll have to ship the current body back to the US. All that adds up to almost the cost of a new body.

Any advice? Should I just live with the side jack hole?

Come on, make fun of me for ordering a relic and complaining it's not perfect.

Psycho Bass Guy:

--- Quote from: ilan on April 16, 2018, 11:20:59 AM ---Received the body. Very nice and light weight. But it's drilled for a side jack. I didn't ask for that. It's visible in the secont pic but I didn't notice.

MJT offers to make me another body.

I'm not sure what to do. First, I don't want to wait another 3 months. And I don't know if I'll get a 4lbs. ash body. And I already paid a total of $183 for shipping to Israel + VAT + fees, I'll have to pay that again for another body. And I'll have to ship the current body back to the US. All that adds up to almost the cost of a new body.

Any advice? Should I just live with the side jack hole?

Come on, make fun of me for ordering a relic and complaining it's not perfect.

--- End quote ---

FYI, the very first run of Aerodynes have a side-jack. I prefer it FWIW.

ilan:

--- Quote from: Psycho Bass Guy on April 16, 2018, 11:48:43 AM ---FYI, the very first run of Aerodynes have a side-jack. I prefer it FWIW.

--- End quote ---
What am I going to do with the 4th hole in the control plate then?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version