Author Topic: Ibanez Ice Man Bass Q's  (Read 22 times)

daan

• View Profile
Ibanez Ice Man Bass Q's
« on: December 11, 2017, 06:00:57 PM »
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/46705484
OK, so there's a website that will do nationwide searches of Goodwill stores (for you out-of-towners, Goodwill is where people donate unwanted stuff, and it gets resold and the $ is supposedly used for charity. I've heard stories that they only give a tiny percentage of what they make, but I'm not an expert, or anything.)
Anyway, I like looking on there for stuff. About a million years ago, I got an Ovation Viper, with case, for $20 that I played for years. And, once I found the website, I got a couple Harmony/Silvertone lap-steel guitars, and sold the pickups (the "gold foil" ones all the kids go nuts for) for $ for my projects. So I just saw what looks like an Ibanez IC-300 bass. Has anyone on here had one of these, are they good? Right now the bidding is at $99, and these seem to sell for around $300. Assuming it isn't unrepairably broken, and the bidding doesn't go nuts it looks really interesting.
I haven't played one in person, but I've always been interested in these. A freind had the guitar version, a real one from the 70's with the weird triple size humbucker and it was cool.
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!