Author Topic: Massive Stars Guitars Auction Saturday  (Read 2609 times)

bassilisk

• View Profile
Massive Stars Guitars Auction Saturday
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:13:17 AM »
https://www.guernseys.com/v2/guitars_musical_treasures.html

Some treasures, some very interesting items like live performances on reels of tape, as well as masters.

A lot of stuff - bring your shekels. :o :mrgreen:
Stable....for now.    www.risky-biz.com

Rob

• View Profile
Re: Massive Stars Guitars Auction Saturday
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 11:33:23 AM »
I don't know about those.
I have some confidence that they are verified but look closely at Jimi's 63 strat. . . it is strung right handed.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 12:29:52 PM »
I read the title and thought this was about 'Stars Guitars' who made all that chunky brass hardware in the '70s. I was expecting to see lost of gently tarnishing bridges and tailpieces.  :mrgreen:

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 04:12:41 PM »
I wouldn't mind having one of Johnny Winter's Erlewine Lazers, but at an expected $90-100K, that would leave me about $100K short of what I need to buy that Blackmore ES-335.  :mrgreen:

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »
I wouldn't mind having one of Johnny Winter's Erlewine Lazers, but at an expected $90-100K, that would leave me about $100K short of what I need to buy that Blackmore ES-335.  :mrgreen:
Time to make up your mind Dave

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 04:38:48 PM »
Might be short a shekel or million...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 04:08:53 AM »

Nah, I think you ought to be able to scratch out an extra 5% for one of the Lazers while you're at it.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 08:00:58 AM »
I read the title and thought this was about 'Stars Guitars' who made all that chunky brass hardware in the '70s. I was expecting to see lost of gently tarnishing bridges and tailpieces.  :mrgreen:

Same here!

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 08:20:31 AM »

Really?  Not the 12 string NoRev Firebird? 
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 09:50:01 AM »
I'd love to have Springsteen's bass, but I left my money in my other snood.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 01:14:57 PM »
Also: "A buyer’s premium will be added to the purchase of all lots in the sale, and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price.  The buyer’s premium is 25% of the hammer price up to and including $250,000, 20% of the hammer price in excess of $250,000 up to and including $3,000,000, and 12.5% on the portion of the hammer price in excess of $3,000,000.
Guernsey’s also receives a commission directly from the Consignor."

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 09:24:22 PM »
Really?  Not the 12 string NoRev Firebird?

It's my fantasy, not yours.  :mrgreen:

Also: "A buyer’s premium will be added to the purchase of all lots in the sale, and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total purchase price.  The buyer’s premium is 25% of the hammer price up to and including $250,000, 20% of the hammer price in excess of $250,000 up to and including $3,000,000, and 12.5% on the portion of the hammer price in excess of $3,000,000.
Guernsey’s also receives a commission directly from the Consignor."

Well, that does it, I'm out.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 09:15:08 AM »
Mani (Stone Roses/Primal scream) is going to have a shop on reverb.  Prices will be stupid but there's some cool shit including 2 Mesa 400+ heads , a Ric 4005, EB3...

Can't be worse than J Mascis' store, where he had broken low end rack tom shells for $500 + another $300 in shipping.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 12:28:25 PM »
Mani (Stone Roses/Primal scream) is going to have a shop on reverb.  Prices will be stupid but there's some cool shit including 2 Mesa 400+ heads , a Ric 4005, EB3...

I spotted that! I would prefer his gear if he hadn't scrawled his signature on the instruments! That signature needs wiped off the pickguard of the 4005!

Luckily he kept the Sharpie away from the Mosrite, which is a gorgeous bass. The EB-3 apparently has artwork on the back, and it looks sanded. The neck pickup also looks a bit big and a bit too square?

Mani has some cool vinyl-wrapped Jack Casady basses, but I'm not seeing any mention of these in the sale. I wonder how much a stock gold JC will go for, with the Sharpie scrawl included.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 01:43:44 PM »
I wouldn't have known who Mani is if Chris P. hadn't talked about him here. Regardless, some people will pay big money for signed or unsigned instruments from people they admire. I have no problem with that.

Remember the Johnny Winter auction? His cowboy hat sold for $14,000 and his beard hair for $1,400.