Author Topic: Megadeth Coffee  (Read 4965 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Megadeth Coffee
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »
Yup, with free refills too. They're giving it away. Given the quality of American coffee ...  :-X

Funny, but true. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »
I was being unjustly nasty.  :-[ The coffee of you guys has improved over time. And if I'm honest, I even got used to the taste of Maxwell House during my months in Brooklyn in the late 80ies. I wouldn't call it coffee in a strict sense, but it grew on you.  :)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 04:28:10 PM »
I was being unjustly nasty.  :-[ The coffee of you guys has improved over time. And if I'm honest, I even got used to the taste of Maxwell House during my months in Brooklyn in the late 80ies. I wouldn't call it coffee in a strict sense, but it grew on you.  :)

I didn't start drinking coffee until late in life.  It's something I started doing very gradually.  So I'm not really a coffee connoisseur.  But when I got over to Europe and started drinking it, I was stunned how much flavor it had.  I really don't like Maxwell House at all.  I'd probably be able to recognize it in a blind taste test, too.  It's really bland.  For a while, I was beginning to experiment with some kind of coffee made by Cubans who had set up business in America.  But that was a lot of trouble looking for it and now I don't even remember the name.  It was pretty good, though, IMO. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 04:30:30 PM »
Maxvile Haus... :puke:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 04:43:46 PM »
Maxvile Haus... :puke:

It's coffee's unfortunate equivalent to Budweiser beer. 

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 07:16:42 PM »
There has always been good coffee here, there just weren't enough coffee drinkers who cared. Even A&P's Eight O'Clock coffees (still around) were miles better than swill like Folger's and Maxwell House.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2017, 09:51:11 PM »
That's a good point about the Eight O'Clock coffee.  A&P may not be around anymore, but I think you can buy the coffee at Wal-Mart.  That's also where I got the Cafe Bustelo, although I really don't go to Wal-Mart much. 

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 05:52:25 PM »
Lots of places carry Eight O'Clock. Target, Walmart, both major local chains here, even some Walgreen's.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2017, 07:04:32 PM »
Lots of places carry Eight O'Clock. Target, Walmart, both major local chains here, even some Walgreen's.

I try to avoid Target and Walgreen's because of the really heavy traffic in those areas.  But Walmart will be fine.  On a sad note, I was around some friends and relatives today who were drinking Maxwell House.  I politely had to join in.  Actually, it is better than no coffee at all--kind of. 

--Blaise Pascal

daan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2017, 07:01:45 PM »
I love coffee. With my weird work hours and long commute, I drink WAY more than I should... A good freind of mine was a coffee roast master at Caribou Coffee in Minneapolis for years and years, so I've gotten some REALLY good stuff. (He works for Peace Coffee now, they do good stuff too)
8 o'clock WAS good coffee, until they got bought by Folger's. Now it's not any better than Folgers is.
It seems that lots of music people are selling coffee now. Green Day has some, I was just at a "Drive By Truckers" show and they had their own coffee, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. So I wonder if when marijuana is legal everywhere, will more than just Snoop Dogg and Willie start selling that stuff, too?
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »
I love coffee. With my weird work hours and long commute, I drink WAY more than I should... A good freind of mine was a coffee roast master at Caribou Coffee in Minneapolis for years and years, so I've gotten some REALLY good stuff. (He works for Peace Coffee now, they do good stuff too)
8 o'clock WAS good coffee, until they got bought by Folger's. Now it's not any better than Folgers is.
It seems that lots of music people are selling coffee now. Green Day has some, I was just at a "Drive By Truckers" show and they had their own coffee, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. So I wonder if when marijuana is legal everywhere, will more than just Snoop Dogg and Willie start selling that stuff, too?

Eight O'Clock isn't owned by Folger's, never has been. It has been owned by Tata Tea of India for years. It's still good coffee, not as good as Caribou but miles above Folger's or Maxwell House.

First music celebrity coffee I heard of was Bun E. Carlos' Bun E Blend. Don't know if it's still available.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
I was finally able to get some Eight O'clock from Walmart several days ago.  It's the brand I mostly plan to be buying from now on 

--Blaise Pascal

daan

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 12:07:45 PM »
Eight O'Clock isn't owned by Folger's, never has been. It has been owned by Tata Tea of India for years. It's still good coffee, not as good as Caribou but miles above Folger's or Maxwell House.

First music celebrity coffee I heard of was Bun E. Carlos' Bun E Blend. Don't know if it's still available.

Ah. My roasting buddy told me that Folgers bought out a bunch of smaller brands, and 8 o’clock was one he mentioned. I guess I never thought to actually check, before I posted... (I should end all my posts with”I could be wrong”, ha ha
If it was good enough for Danny Bonaduce, it ought to be good enough for fake bass players everywhere!

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 12:49:55 PM »
But Folgers is "Mountain Grown" that's the richest kind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5-x-9LciYA
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »
... I should end all my posts with”I could be wrong”, ha ha

E&OE ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...