Author Topic: Megadeth Coffee  (Read 4980 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Megadeth Coffee
« on: November 18, 2017, 06:13:12 PM »

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Megadeth Coffee
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 02:35:20 AM »
It sounds like a good thing to be involved in.  I really like coffee. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 04:52:26 AM »
Pick us up a bag next time your in town, Dave... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 06:22:13 AM »
Great!

I knoe Dave quite well. Last time we talked we discussed the Taylor Swift concert we both attended, haha! And he saved my life once. Will be always greatful for that. Did I ever told that story? He saved my life and that of Victor Wooten, Scott Reeder and many more.

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 12:21:58 PM »
Please,do tell....
Louder bass!.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 02:26:33 PM »
 :popcorn:
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 08:52:54 PM »
Pick us up a bag next time your in town, Dave... ;)

It's a three hour drive in a direction I haven't been for years. He does sell online https://ellefsoncoffeeco.com/ -- looking at the cart options, looks like he does ship to the UK. If he's selling in grocery stores, I haven't seen it yet.

Apparently the coffee shop had its grand opening this past April and the coffee has been available since late last year. This was just his homecoming appearance.  Best of luck to him.

Great!

I knoe Dave quite well. Last time we talked we discussed the Taylor Swift concert we both attended, haha! And he saved my life once. Will be always greatful for that. Did I ever told that story? He saved my life and that of Victor Wooten, Scott Reeder and many more.

We're waiting!

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 02:53:30 AM »
I was in a bus to an airport with a lot of people, among them Stu Hamm, multiple Garmmy winner Brandino, Weather Report's Alphonso Johnson, Steve Bailey, Dave Roe of Johnny Cash, guitarist Kenny Vaughn, Mudvayne's Ryan Martinie, the legendary Jerrry Jemmott, Divinity Roxx of Beyoncé, Scott Reeder of Kyuss, Victor Wooten, his son, and his brother Regi, Adam Nitti, Genesis-drummer Chester Thompson. Just to name a few.

It was a nightly trip and Dave Ellefson saw the driver having trouble to stay awake. Alarmed by that he took a seat more at the front. I was in between sleeping and being awake when I saw Ellefson running, screaming to the driver and grabbing the wheel. When he started screaming the whole bus started screaming, something I will never forget. The bus was going with 60 miles an hour in the direction of the guiding rail with some accidented terrain behind it and you can only imagine what would happen. Would the guiding rail have saved us? Would the bus have been flipped over? I just don't want to think of it. In the worst but very realistic case some very famous players would have been killed.

So Ellefson screamed the driver awake and steered the bus on the right lane. We forced the driver to stop at the nearest gas station and we force feeded him espresso (forced drinked?). After a break we went on to he airfield, everybody silent and heavily shaken. Because of our stop at the gas station one person missed his flight: Ellefson. Ironic.
We ordered the bus driver to have a break, but we saw him drive away. This all was reported to the police and I don't know exactly what happened afterwards. I think police made work out of it.

Fast forward to a year later. I came in the hotel and I saw Dave, with his back to me. He saw me, turned around and showed me his t-shirt with a big grin. It read: Fear The Crash. (*) We now all laugh about it, but it was one of those moments I'll never forget. Not because of the famous players, but because it was one of the more scary moments in my life. Every year someone will start about it or post the passenger list online.

I always say: Metal saved my life! \,,/
And it's true, haha!

(*) Dave was attending a gig of a small US metal band with 232 followers (number made up, just small) on facebook, called Fear The Crash and he needed to buy the tee, haha!

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 09:07:30 PM »
Wow. You're all fortunate. He really did save you from serious injury or death.

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 01:26:55 PM »
I was in a bus to an airport with a lot of people, among them Stu Hamm, multiple Garmmy winner Brandino, Weather Report's Alphonso Johnson, Steve Bailey, Dave Roe of Johnny Cash, guitarist Kenny Vaughn, Mudvayne's Ryan Martinie, the legendary Jerrry Jemmott, Divinity Roxx of Beyoncé, Scott Reeder of Kyuss, Victor Wooten, his son, and his brother Regi, Adam Nitti, Genesis-drummer Chester Thompson. Just to name a few.

... and the Texan said, "Remember the Alamo...!", and threw the Mexican off the plane... :mrgreen:
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »
I'm expecting David Mustaine any minute now to claim that it was actually him who invented coffee and how the coffee makers of this world cheated him out of his deserved success.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 10:55:54 PM »
I'm expecting David Mustaine any minute now to claim that it was actually him who invented coffee and how the coffee makers of this world cheated him out of his deserved success.
...AND it was him who saved those people at the bus ;D

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
"Java sells, but who's buying?"

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 12:22:23 PM »
They got an awful lotta coffee in... Minnesota...?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJIrDkzfIqo

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 09:28:15 AM »
Yup, with free refills too. They're giving it away. Given the quality of American coffee ...  :-X