Author Topic: The Unmudbucker  (Read 912 times)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
The Unmudbucker
« on: October 29, 2017, 06:36:53 AM »
Came across this Mudbucker replacement from Sentell pickups while looking around for that random project I have goin on.  He has some vids on youtube, but I haven't found one for this guy.  The name does not bode well, and I'm not into the clear cover, but maybeit's good.

http://www.sentellpickups.net/bass.html

Scroll down, there's a few other things that caught my eye (e.g. the various sidewinders, some with blades, and the EB4/Wal style coil-per-string jobby).

Prices are good too.  In tha ballpark as this guy I've used from NewFoundland (great Firebirds pickups - just asked him if he does a TBird).

Anybody use any of these before?
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: The Unmudbucker
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 09:14:02 PM »
I hadn't heard of Jerry Sentell until Andy (Nokturnal) liked something on his FB page. He has high ratings and over 1000 followers. His prices are reasonable.

Looks interesting. A sound sample would be nice. At least we can see that it's a real sidewinder, unlike the DiMarzio which sells for about the same price.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 01:42:27 AM »
A lot of interesting stuff!

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 12:39:58 PM »
Looks interesting. Some nice alternatives, not the millionth slightly-different-J-pickup. I like the clear cover. Nice idea, also a reference to the G3 pickups.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023