Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Music Man St. Vincent Bass

(1/7) > >>

Chris P.:
Since the release of the Music Man St. Vincent I'm a big fan of the shape. And I'm a big fan of hers. Yesterday I talked to her in The Netherlands and she's really cool! A total guitar nerd, knowing everything about wood, pickups and valves/tubes. Nice. I told her it's a pity there's no bass and she told me they're designing a bass version! A scoop, I thought, but she tells it in the vid below.
But still cool news and I hope EBMM doesn't f*ck it up by making it a PJ.

https://www.facebook.com/Ernie.Ball.Music.Man/videos/10154969903976340/

Granny Gremlin:

--- Quote from: Chris P. on October 28, 2017, 08:50:33 AM ---Since the release of the Music Man St. Vincent I'm a big fan of the shape. And I'm a big fan of hers. Yesterday I talked to her in The Netherlands and she's really cool! A total guitar nerd, knowing everything about wood, pickups and valves/tubes. Nice. I told her it's a pity there's no bass and she told me they're designing a bass version! A scoop, I thought, but she tells it in the vid below.
But still cool news and I hope EBMM doesn't f*ck it up by making it a PJ.

https://www.facebook.com/Ernie.Ball.Music.Man/videos/10154969903976340/

--- End quote ---

I watched that vid when it came out and I recall no mention of it, but maybe it was just a quick tangent and I missed it; still a scoop IMHO.

All they gotta do is make it an exact copy but 4 banger bass (I will forgive them for dropping the trem)- which means Tbird pups or some other chromey soap bar style thing vs PJ.  PJ is the easy way out, but luckily Musicman don't usually default to that.

Dave W:
I hope it fares better than their Big Al bass.

Alanko:
I'm pretty sure St. Vincent doesn't use a bassist live? I saw a bunch of live videos of her a while ago, but nothing recently... this doesn't bode well.  :mrgreen:

I tried one of her signature guitars a while back, and it was pretty cool. I don't remember much about it, beyond the neck being entirely made of rosewood and only given a minimal oil finish. I wish I could remember more... the wee minibuckers seemed like an unusual choice.

Highlander:
Not stirred musically or visually... each to their own...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version