Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Tube Amp Doctor Plexi 150W Kit.

<< < (3/3)

doombass:
Hello and welcome. My favorite amp of those three is hands down the Orange though they're all great amps and quite similar. It has the worst eq section of them all, but no matter what I plug in it sounds great and I pretty much leave the tone controls at the same setting. It really lets the instrument speak with its own voice and does'nt feel like there's a carpet lying over that you can't get rid of.

Cabinet choice? Well it's hard to say because it is all down to personal taste. I use an Orange OBC410 and one BPE115. If you're into old school tube amps you probably want to stay away from the modern more (considered) high tech cabs though. I see you linked to a speaker so I'm not sure if that's the question? If so, I'd say that speaker choice should be made with the cabinet design in mind as well.

cde3wa:
Ok, thanks, I'll build the TAD kit.
I plan to configure it with two 12-inch speakers BL12-200X 200W 8 Ohm

doombass:
Congratulations on that decision. And I'm sure the Celestion speakers will be a good choice as well. They've survived in this business a long time and together with a few other manufacturers are considered industry standard.  :toast:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version