Author Topic: Random Project  (Read 3089 times)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
Re: Random Project
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »
I have pots and wire.  And yes, a Chinese pickup is where I might have to go with this (I do have some basic P pickup here; probably out of a Squire).

66Atlas, my screen sux - what do those calipers read?  If it's 5/8" or bigger and 2x2 vs 4 in line I'll take em.... and thinking the bridge on the right (what is that, looks like a Badass I or copy) - the Washburn looks too massive and lets not get started with the black hardware, cuz the pup probaly won't be.

Speaking of pups, thinking Chinese Tbird or Lace Alumitone Bassbar.  Bassbar might be too modern looking (and chrome is more $ than black :( ).  I could be into other things,... should check out Pitbull, those used to be popular.

Still looking for:
- strap pins
- a nut (might try one of those prefab brass ones off ebay; gotta measure it up)
- pup
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:13:48 PM by Granny Gremlin »
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

66Atlas

• View Profile
Re: Random Project
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 06:13:49 PM »
Caliper is hard to read with the shadows but it's a bit bigger than 5/8 (.72 inches) thats the grooves on the ferrule.   They're reverseable but are set up 2+2 so should work for you. Chrome bridge is some sort or badass copy, probably from an 80s Washburn or other Matsomoku bass.  I've also got about 20 years worth of strap buttons from switching mine out to strap locks.  PM me with you address and I'll get it all out to you Monday.  Look forward to seeing the end result!  :toast: