Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Lemmy's equipment

(1/2) > >>

wellREDman:
On a recent load in I noticed a bunch of monitors marked Motorhead (it was some pop band) when I remarked on it to the touring guy he told me that the PA company had inherited them by dint of being the PA company on the last tour. apparently Lemmy had no will so all his equipment is wherever it was left.
 makes you wonder what will happen to his basses ?

Basvarken:
I have a hard time believing that.
Lemmy may not have had a will. But the PA equipment most likely weren't his personal belongings.
I'm pretty sure Motörhead was set in some sort of legal form, like a company, cooperation, inc, ltd or whatever
With all the Motörhead merchandise that is still sold all across the world there has to be.

I can imagine the company was left with some debts to the record company, or the promotors, etc when Lemmy died.
And maybe they had to sell stuff like PA equipment to clear some of those debts.

Plus, Lemmy did leave a son (Paul) who most likely inherited most of his personal belongings (as well as his debts maybe?)

wellREDman:

--- Quote from: Basvarken on August 30, 2017, 04:17:53 AM --- But the PA equipment most likely weren't his personal belongings.

--- End quote ---
not the PA just the wedges, a lot of times the old school bands own  their own onstage monitors as part of their backline, but logistically they need  travel with the PA truck not the backline truck  hence Lemmy's personal wedges ending up in some PA companies storage yard
  I didn't know about the son, I guess that answers my question as  I think most places where someone dies intestate the personal possessions goes to the next of kin.

Basvarken:
His bass guitar and the Murder One were set next to the coffin at the funeral service.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the equipment travelled back with the crew when the tour concluded after that last show in Germany.
It wasn't just left there.

Dave W:
Lemmy was a longtime resident of California at the time of his death. Even if he died without a will, his possessions would be distributed to his heirs according to whatever California laws specify. So, no, if these wedges belonged to Lemmy personally, the PA company would not have inherited them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version