Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Not a fan entirely ...

(1/7) > >>

uwe:
I hope the humor of you Ricsters is still intact ... Coarse language and stream of consciousness warning. For the avoidance of doubt: I don't agree with him on a lot of things!

Granny Gremlin:
That was making the rounds on a local board (think the dude might be Canadian).  He ain't wrong (though I never even got to hate the bridge cuz I never got past the neck profile and the laquered rosewood fretboards).  It started a thread hating on Rics and talking about the Hipsot replacement bridge.

Anyway, That video was entertaining, but the one where he rants about his wife put me off from watching any more of them.

66Atlas:
Picking on Ric's for their archaic bridge is akin to knocking over old people and stealing wheelchairs.  It's just mean and an easy target.  That said I'd never change mine out, it fits the bass better than anything else.  Personally I love their truss rod design, my hairpin rods have held the 4001 in a rock steady position for over a decade at this point.

One of these days I'll start making videos or rants about fenders and sell advertising. I bet I'd make a mint. 😁

Dave W:
I won't watch these. No need to. He's an obnoxious turdhead who goes out of his way to tear down guitars and basses he doesn't like, even if it means grossly exaggerating small problems.

westen44:

--- Quote from: Dave W on August 23, 2017, 07:03:45 PM ---I won't watch these. No need to. He's an obnoxious turdhead who goes out of his way to tear down guitars and basses he doesn't like, even if it means grossly exaggerating small problems.

--- End quote ---

Plus, whatever he says is overshadowed by the fact that he is made to look like a pygmy by people such as Chris Squire and Paul McCartney who have played iconic bass lines on Rics through the years.  They did a lot with what he calls junk. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version