Gear Discussion Forums > Guitars Etc.

Henry's latest bright idea

<< < (2/2)

Alanko:
Smoky Quartz burst is to get your (3rd) trophy wife, with embarrassing New Age tendencies, onboard with your purchase. For example she's against vaccinating children, so it is just as well you got that vasectomy and got her to sign a prenup. Am I right fellas?

Other colours, just around the corner, are Penny Loafer burst, On The Golf Course burst, Yacht Club Blues burst, Vasectomy burst...

Class envy is alive and well here in Alanko Towers, but part of it is my perpetual disappointment in where Gibson is going at the moment, and who they are marketing their stuff at. They should get back to making musical instruments, not instrument-like products marketed only to old white men who vaguely remember seeing Cream back in 1968.

Highlander:
At least Henry got them to mount it (the gadget) on the back-plate so if I get given one I can rip it out and put a standard plate on... not that I'm known for disposal of built in electronics in Gibson's... :vader:

And as for the Vasectomy-Burst, I'll raise you with a Cyst-Burst or for the Python contingent, Oh-My-God-My-Brain's-Burst... :D

Alanko:
 :mrgreen: Aye very good!

A backplate-sectomy would work. I assume this overdrive unit is in series, after the 3-way switch, before the jack. It wouldn't be too hard to chop it out, and rewire the guitar back to normal specs... but I presume there is a premium on that drive unit!

Highlander:
Greedbay for it... :mrgreen:

Dave W:

--- Quote from: Alanko on August 03, 2017, 04:23:26 AM ---....

Class envy is alive and well here in Alanko Towers, but part of it is my perpetual disappointment in where Gibson is going at the moment, and who they are marketing their stuff at. They should get back to making musical instruments, not instrument-like products marketed only to old white men who vaguely remember seeing Cream back in 1968.

--- End quote ---

Hey! I resemble that remark!  :mrgreen:  But if Gibson is aiming their marketing at me, they've really miscalculated.

Few customers of any generation seem to be buying their gimmick versions. It must somehow satisfy Henry's ego to keep offering them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version