Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Music videos featuring Gibson 20/20 basses.

(1/11) > >>

Grog:
Rob's video may be the only one out there to date, but it's a start! Once the 20/20 reissue comes out in 2020, we'll be ready at the LBO!

Basvarken:
It's not the only one.
We did another video that features the dreaded 20/20! 😂

4stringer77:
These are great songs and the bass tone is superb. Was paging through some of your live videos and saw some other unique basses. I'm guessing these are basses you customized?

Basvarken:
The red Les Paul bass is the first bass I built myself. Initially it had two G3 single coils in the neck position and an Artec mudbucker in the bridge position. But I was a bit disappointed with the two single coils. They didn't sound dense enough for my liking. So I asked Dutch luthier-par-excellence Eugen Wulff (Gun Customs) to make me a new pair that would be a drop in replacement with a phatter sound and more punch.

The other bass is a shortscale BaCH semi acoustic bass. It originally had just the one mudbucker at the neck. I put a pair of Gibson Les Paul Bass lo-z humbuckers in.
I only connected the last coil tap on both pickups (full windings). And didn't bother to make an in- or out- phase option. Just a three way pickup selector toggle, volume pot and tone pot.
This bass sounds huge. The pickups are placed a littler wider from each other than they would be on a Gibson Les Paul Bass. This makes the difference between neck pickup and bridge pickup a bit bigger.
Favorite setting ( same as my Les Paul bass) is both pickups engaged.

Basvarken:
Found another video that features a 20/20

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version