Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

What Is This One?

(1/7) > >>

veebass:
I don't seem to recall a Gibson Les Paul Bass quite like this one which is currently or sale on Reverb.
Is it a genuine Gibson?

https://reverb.com/item/4927390-gibson-les-paul-bass-limited-edition-1992-made-in-usa

Basvarken:
Oh yes it's ligit. LPB-2 deluxe. Not as rare as the seller claims. Although the color may be rare.

veebass:

--- Quote from: Basvarken on July 19, 2017, 02:30:05 PM ---Oh yes it's ligit. LPB-2 deluxe. Not as rare as the seller claims. Although the color may be rare.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I knew you guys would know.
Lots of things looked legit to me, but the colour didn't ring a bell (except a similarity to the Money Bass) and I think I had seen the headstock decal or whatever it is used on some knock offs in the past.

uwe:
The color is custom, but you could request colors on that particular model, quite a few people did, I have inter alia a fretless one in a brownish sepia tinge which the preowner hoped would turn out translucent black when he ordered it - suffice to say it didn't! :mrgreen:

All Deluxes have the TCT/Bartolini pups electronics combo, which makes for a powerful, but incredibly sterile/hifi sound. Period piece of the early 90ies trying to sound like a bass in the mid-80ies.  :mrgreen:

slinkp:
Is that the version that Me'shell played when she first burst onto the scene?
Looks like it though the camera won't hold still long enough to get a clear look at the pickups.
Look around 2:25

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version