Author Topic: Looking for a Hollowbody  (Read 12434 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Looking for a Hollowbody
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2017, 10:08:21 AM »
I have high regard especially for Gibson hollow body basses.  But to further elaborate on a side issue of the thread, I recently encountered some info on a British scientific study which may confirm some of my earlier points.  Although not British, I can somewhat relate to this.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-entertainment/every-man-over-35-still-madly-in-love-with-shirley-manson-20170710131499

It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2017, 02:04:55 PM »
Is it a Brit thing, or am I unusual in never having had much interest in her?
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2017, 04:37:56 PM »
I suspect it's a redhead thing. The pink hair doesn't do much for me, but other photos are much nicer.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2017, 05:29:53 PM »
I think to an extent it is a British thing, but possibly a redhead thing even more.  As for me, I've had a thing for redheads ever since I met a girl in the neighborhood named Sydney when I was quite a young lad.  As for Shirley Manson, she is 50 now.  Plus, I agree the pink hair doesn't flatter her at all.  She has spoken somewhere about how she feels about aging, but I don't know where to find that now. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2017, 09:31:19 AM »
I'm married to a redhead so my preference is established.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2017, 10:50:41 AM »
I'm married to a redhead so my preference is established.

Then it sounds like you've done well for yourself. 

--Blaise Pascal