Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Photobucket Alert

(1/17) > >>

Dave W:
Within the past day or two, Photobucket has changed its terms of service to block third party hosting unless you upgrade to a $399 per year premium plan. This also means that if you have a free account (as I do) or a lesser premium account, your hotlinked photos in existing posts here will not show up either.

There are other options for photo hosting, of course, but it's really bad that existing images will be blocked. I'm sure not going to go back through 9+ years of posts to replace all the images I've posted.

http://photobucket.com/p500/

At this point IMHO it would be foolish to trust Photobucket with $399. The site probably won't last.

TBird1958:

Good to know, thank you Dave! 

gweimer:
Good info.  Thanks.  I use my Photobucket account only for building ebay listings, and most my business now is done on Etsy, so I have little use for it.  Anything I have on Photobucket is already on my external drives and saved somewhere.

TBird1958:

This leads me to ask: What other sites are you guys using and having good results with?
I don't mind paying a little, but $400.00 a year?! Ain't happening.

Granny Gremlin:
If you have your own website ( I know some of you do, for yer biz or whatever), you can use that online space to host yer own pics. You can create a separate subfolder just for such things with lesser security ( still just read only) so as to not compromise the rest of your site.  That's what I do.

Then I have the password protected folders where I share things with e.g. my band or fam that I don't want the whole rest of the Internet to see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version