Author Topic: Gibson 2018 bass line-up - busy times for Uwe and Basvarken  (Read 8421 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Gibson 2018 bass line-up - busy times for Uwe and Basvarken
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »
Not showing up yet Michael...

I would keep checking back. The person suggesting GAK seemed to be sure they would get it sometime.  Of course you never know for sure about something like this until you actually have it in your hands.  Talk is cheap. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »
I think the new Epi will be quite nice esp. at that price point, and in it's own right a nice bass, as good as an original '60s, no, no way.
It'll just be a nice new bass to have and like the "Classic" version the QC will likely be pretty good (certainly better than most contemporary Gibsons), in terms of finish and fit. I have one coming and will probably leave it bone stock including the TRC, nothing to be ashamed of in owning and playing it out.

I certainly wouldn't be ashamed of playing it if it was well made and sounded like I wanted. QC seems to be good on recent Epis. OTOH it needs to sound like a TBird. If not, why bother?

This is a chance for the Epiphone Elitist series in Japan to stir it up and take the stand.

The Elitist basses and most of the Elitist guitars were discontinued almost 10 years ago. Don't hold your breath waiting. Even if they returned, prices would probably rival Gibsons.

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 07:56:59 PM »
I don't think the Bird was available this year and last year. Only 2015 stock. Maybe 2016 stock.

Well how about that. I completely missed a year.
http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Bass/Gibson-USA.aspx?ModelYear=2016
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2017, 11:39:56 AM »
If you look at the other years 2014 also says there are no available 2014 basses although we know they made them. In 2015 they are showing the Thunderbird and SG Bass, and 2017 shows EB 4 and 5 strings. I'm guessing this means there are still Thunderbirds, SG Bass, and EB basses in Gibson's warehouse.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2017, 01:21:29 AM »
I heard from people there's some stock indeed.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2017, 01:26:57 PM »
I heard from people there's some stock indeed.

Musicians Friend/Guitar Center and sister companies still have new 2015 and 2016 ES-Les Paul Basses in stock.

American Musical, which shares inventory with Zzounds and Same Day Music, still has the 2014 EB Bass 5 string, 2015 SG Standard Bass and 2016 ES-Les Paul Bass in new stock.