Author Topic: Not a KISS post...  (Read 800 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Not a KISS post...
« on: June 20, 2017, 10:45:23 AM »
Didn't want to intrude on the love-fest for KISS in the other thread (don't hit me, please...  :-X )

Tonight I'm headed for Denver to see the Moody Blues at Fiddler's Green with my daughter and her guy. MUCH good music coming tonight!! We'll be in the center section of seats near the back.

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Not a KISS post...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 11:56:57 AM »
I ... wanna rock'n'roll all ni-hi-hight - in white satin of course, no less!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »
Lovely concert!  The first hours was a mix of hits from various albums. The second hour was the entire Days of Future Passed album, straight through.  They had a really well produced wide-screen video background, which carried the orchestral open/close/transitions between the music cuts.

And coolest of all...you know Ray Thomas, the flute player and vocalist, retired a few years back. Norda Mullen replaced him and plays flute and guitar as well as holding up her end singing...but in recent years, Ray did the Late Lament narration which precedes Nights In White Satin, and you can't replace that voice with Norda's.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son,
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion???

BUT - they covered that in a new way. They recruited Jeremy Irons to do it with his rich baritone!! It's part of their video material, along with some beautiful footage of the moon drifting across the screen. Talk about adding gravitas to the concert....!

I thought that seriously ROCKED, and so did the rest of the audience.

So if you get a shot at hearing them during this 50th anniversary tour, I strongly recommend it. They are still in fine voice and sounding great.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 05:44:50 AM »
Irons has a great voice - I saw him read a poem at the memorial concert for Jon Lord. I even watched Assassins Creed for him (which was actually quite good as films based on computer games go, it had a somewhat reasonable script).

Happy to hear that the Moodys gig turned out so well!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...