Author Topic: Single-pickup Thunderbird II Custom Shop  (Read 12241 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Re: Single-pickup Thunderbird II Custom Shop
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 10:00:24 AM »
All my T-Bird saddles are notched - you can't really play them unnotched, at least I can't.

Uwe

Not to be RUDE, But ALL of my thunderbirds have always had UN-Notched saddles....simple geometry. They find their own proper center....and stay centered......and I play aggressive...with a pick...and the strings have NEVER slipped off of the saddles...You must be ripping the strings or have some Monstrous hand technique....

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2017, 12:58:17 AM »
Now George has brought the subject back to "wood", a curious quirk is that my PC thru neck is a three piece construction, so more like the original types...? Does anyone know for sure if JAE ever owned one of these early Thunderbirds...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2017, 09:07:51 AM »

Not to be RUDE, But ALL of my thunderbirds have always had UN-Notched saddles....simple geometry. They find their own proper center....and stay centered......and I play aggressive...with a pick...and the strings have NEVER slipped off of the saddles...You must be ripping the strings or have some Monstrous hand technique....

I don't know in Uwe's case but maybe it depends on the type of strings. Stainless (rounds or flats) are usually hard enough to mark a softer metal saddle enough to keep centered.

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2017, 01:20:37 AM »
Now George has brought the subject back to "wood"

You're welcome.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 03:25:45 PM by OldManC »

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2017, 04:56:26 AM »
I hope that's a finger.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2017, 11:06:29 AM »
'Fraid not... been a bone of contention round here for some years... :o :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2017, 07:13:55 PM »
I read today that our new US ambassador to Great Britain is the source of some amusement there.  "Woody Johnson" evidently is received with some hilarity. One comment was that "...at least he won't go soft on us."
 ;)   ;)
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."