Author Topic: Two TBird II's  (Read 2546 times)

bassilisk

• View Profile
Two TBird II's
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:08:28 AM »
From the same seller (no affiliation).

Refin - looks really good in that color:

https://reverb.com/item/5522375-gibson-thunderbird-ii-bass-1965-pelham-blue-unbroken-nitro-refin-by-lay-s

Original - seems a bit steep, but what do I know:

https://reverb.com/item/5521966-vintage-gibson-thunderbird-ii-bass-1965-2-color-sunburst-nice-shape-rare-unbroken-headstock

Are these valued at the going rate(s)?
Stable....for now.    www.risky-biz.com

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Two TBird II's
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 01:28:35 PM »
The seller is known to this Church... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 03:59:06 PM »
Yes, the seller is a member here.

"Baz Cooper's Ancient Bass Vortex"  :mrgreen:

If I decide to sell on Reverb, maybe I'll go with Dave's Modern Guitar Sinkhole.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 04:25:07 PM »
Dangerous Dave's Devilish Diversions... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 11:33:22 AM »
Dave's Country & Non-Country Bass Bunker.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 01:19:48 PM »
Yes, dat Be Me bad-Ass Baz Cooper the  Bionic Bass Freak! I've been in a bad funk for the last few months...No  way to earn a living...model shop doesn't call much for freelance..no bands to jam with in Chicago...I had to unfortunately sell my vintage Hiwatt 1/2 stacks...but...I'll survive...I'm actually gonna take down those t bird ads right now...MAY leave the 8 string up for a bit just to see...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 03:09:38 PM »

Hope you don't have to sell them Baz.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 04:35:22 AM »
Took off all 3 listings...had a weak moment....was ready to trade for a sunburst 1965 Jazz Bass with Lollipop tuners exactly like Noel Redding and then use the rest of the  money for bills....guess I'll keep them and keep struggling...

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 08:23:02 AM »
Hope you get to keep the birds. If you did end up selling them for a decent price, it wouldn't be such a horrible thing. If you can learn to embrace some of your inner Buddha, material possessions are not so important in the grand scheme of things. If you want a jazz bass with lollipops, just get any old jazz and throw some hipshot lollipops on it. Chances are a newer bass will be in better playing shape than something that's been banged around for fifty years anyhow. Hoping things take a turn for the better in the near future for you
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

bassilisk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 09:22:04 AM »
If you want a jazz bass with lollipops, just get any old jazz and throw some hipshot lollipops on it.

If that were only true.... :sad:

I have 4 modern Jazz basses and an intact '66 (with lollipops). As good as the new(er) ones are there's just no comparison to the old '66.
I did get to select it from a comparably aged group, and it clearly was the cream though others looked much better. When you get a good
one there's no denying that what it does it does extremely well. This one went from the original owner, to the dealer, to me. I have no doubt that I am a lucky guy.

I am not going to turn the "new vs vintage" rock over. I'm just very happy with the voice my old Jazz brings to the table.
Stable....for now.    www.risky-biz.com

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 08:53:58 AM »
Ya Can't beat the vintage stuff...

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 04:29:35 AM »
I made a poor attempt to sell my remaining 3 basses...but alas...My prices were HIGH so..in a way I didn't really want to sell them UNLESS my outrageous prices were met.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 10:01:54 AM by Baz Cooper »