Author Topic: More Gibson news  (Read 740 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
More Gibson news
« on: April 29, 2017, 03:59:06 AM »
From a Dutch shop website:

Latest news: Edwin Wilson - The go-to person, THE man behind the Gibson Collectors Choice program and True Historic, walking encyclopedia at Nashvilles Custom Shop has been sacked by Gibson. These two programs have now been shut down. We thank Edwin for assisting us and helping us to get the Dutchburst among the famed Collectors choice models as model #18. We have hear he already has found employment elsewehere and want to tell him KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: More Gibson news
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 06:46:30 AM »

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 07:23:45 AM »
Yes, it was confirmed to me a couple of months ago by my contact at Dave's Guitar Shop in Wisconsin. They were Gibson's largest brick and mortar dealer after Guitar Center, although most of their business was online. They dumped Gibson maybe 8-10 years ago amid some of Henry's crazy dealership demands, and the only reason they came back was because of the Historic Program. Now that Henry has fired Edwin and trashed the program, they have dumped Gibson again. They still have a lot of inventory, but once that's gone, they'll only carry used/vintage Gibsons. Dave's will do just fine, it will be Gibson's loss.

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 08:35:54 AM »
From a Dutch shop website:

Latest news: Edwin Wilson - The go-to person, THE man behind the Gibson Collectors Choice program and True Historic, walking encyclopedia at Nashvilles Custom Shop has been sacked by Gibson. These two programs have now been shut down. We thank Edwin for assisting us and helping us to get the Dutchburst among the famed Collectors choice models as model #18. We have hear he already has found employment elsewehere and want to tell him KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Would I be safe in assuming neither of these programs involved anything bass?

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 12:03:22 PM »
Gibson doesn't seem to care for bass players unless they are famous. I've tried to get some response from the Gibson custom shop on their Facebook page but they never reply.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 11:33:09 AM »
You're not alone.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...