Gear Discussion Forums > Bass Amps & Effects

Ampeg BA210V2 - any experience?

(1/2) > >>

slinkp:
My next gig is at small bar that has an Ampeg BA210V2 listed as their house backline amp.
I've never played through one. Anybody tried it?

Chris P.:
No, but I never worry about in house backlines. I can always get a decent tone out of regular amps, like Ampeg combos, and if they're not powerfull enough, there's your monitor.

amptech:
I always bring my own amp, at least if I'll be playing anything mudbucker equipped!

slinkp:
I can't remember the last time I played a venue that had any bass in the monitors!

I do like using house backline to reduce load/setup/teardown time -- it's the usual NYC deal where there's four bands in four hours.
But I have been burned a couple times.  Like one time, surprisingly in one of the larger NYC places I've played, where the amp turned out to be a 100-watt ampeg 1x15 model (BA115 maybe), which barely enabled me to hear myself at all over the acoustic sound of the drum kit, to say nothing of guitars etc.

I'll report back on how this one goes...  It's on Saturday 5/13 at the Cobra Club in Bushwick (Brooklyn) if any area folks want to stop by!

Nighttrain1127:
A friend has one and uses it at small to med gigs. Won't fill a big room with earth moving bass but it can and will carry a Med size room fairly well the biggest Issue is it sits kind of low so you may not be able to hear it all that well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version