Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Greco TBII at Reverb

(1/6) > >>

Basvarken:
Very rare. Looks to be in good shape.

https://reverb.com/item/5036328-incoming-stock-greco-tb900-1977-sunburst-super-rare

Granny Gremlin:
OK, but can't you get an actual Gibson for that much?  Granted not a II, and not 60s/70s (which this looks like, but isn't either), but still.

I shoulda bought so much more stuff back in the day when I had disposable income and prices were half.  And that was only like 10-15 years ago.

Basvarken:
Greco TBIIs are rare as hen's teeth.
And chances on finding a sixties Gibson TBII are as close as finding the Holy Grail. (and would cost about 8 times as much)

FrankieTbird:

Greco Thunderbirds were selling for about $7-800 when I bought mine a few years back, when you could find one.  Have they gone up, or is the seller overly optimistic?

Gibsons from the '60s aren't very hard to find, it's just that the sellers usually want way too much for them.

Basvarken:
A Greco Thunderbird with two humbuckers (TB IV), yes. But a Greco Thunderbird with just one humbucker (TB II) just doesn't pop up that often.

As for Gibson TBII; only 713 were made. I don't know how many survived, but I don't really see them very often...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version