Gear Discussion Forums > Rickenbacker Basses

Jerome Rimson's Rickenbacker...or is it?

<< < (2/3) > >>

gearHed289:
Back of the headstock is very Alembic-like. Body looks like a real Ric. Maybe a Ric that got a new fingerboard and headstock???

Jerome Rimson:
Hello Friends, Jerome Rimson here!! Yes this is my bass! I bought it from Stars Guitars San Francisco in 1977. I had just moved back to America from london England after joining Automatic Man featuring Pat Thrall gtr. Micheal Shrieve Drums and Bayete' Todd Cochran Keyboards. The bass was customised by the guy's from Alembic guitars and featured Hi A Bartolini pickups wired to a 5pin cannon jack lead that could process each of the 3 pickups to separate amplifiers if you choose to do so. I recorded the Automatic Man Visitors album with this bass also used it when recordind Ghost of A Smile with Freddie Mercury & Brian May, it was also used on the recording I made with Phil Lynott from Thin Lizzy on his solo project's and on the Gas Tank television show I did with Rick Wakeman of Yes! The Bass was stolen in London after I returned to England following the breakup of Automatic Man. I found out years later that Lemmy of MotorHead had the the instrument, by that time it had been modified to Lemmy's needs and totally unsuited to my style of playing. As much as I respected Lemmy as a musician the bass was designed for a much more versatile application. I would love to get the bass back and restore it to it's beautiful state!   J. M. Rimson

Basvarken:
Welcome to the Outpost Jerome!
And thank you for enlightening us on that special Rickenbacker.

If you have some more stories to share, please do.

4stringer77:
What an epic story. Wonder if Lemmy himself lifted your bass Jerome, lol!
Was it still in his estate at the time of his passing does anyone know? I'm rooting for you to get the bass back too. Good luck.

Alanko:
Madcap theory, but I wonder if the addition of the bridge mute-slot pickup in this modified Rickenbacker was the catalyst for Lemmy's signature bass being built with three pickups, with one right down at the bridge?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version