Author Topic: Just Coming In  (Read 7103 times)

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: Just Coming In
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2017, 08:15:03 AM »
Yes, the Kawai was irresistible to me when it showed up on ebay. The neck actually has a touch more relief than needed. This was before most of the graphite makers realized a TR would be a good idea*. It's playable with the action a bit higher than I usually use, and I have no problem still gigging it. I really like the neck profile and it balances perfectly.

I've been wondering whether I could get it heat treated - Headless USA does Steinbergers, maybe they'll do this. At any rate, that's down the line if at all.

It really has its own tone too. Those Schallers are solid midrange, and with a set of Chromes on it, it cuts the mix like a hot knife. No billowy bass to get in the way!

Well cool, I'm glad yours is working out for you. The bass was absolutely lovely in every other way. Sleek, sexy, and like you said - great neck profile. Funny thing - the bass it was replacing was an aluminum neck Kramer with Schaller pups. I think that one has developed some extra relief. Can't seem to get the action as low as I'd like anymore. I've been thinking about putting some clamps on it for a night to see what happens.