Author Topic: SB400  (Read 6635 times)

ilan

• View Profile
Re: SB400
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
Many sellers specify local shipping only, and I always respect that. I have just had a '65 Hofner Senator shipped to a friend's London address, since the seller specified UK shipping only. My friend will send it to Israel. But this seller has apparently blocked non-US bids. If eBay enables that option, I have to respect this too. Of course I could have asked if someone can please hit the BIN for me and then I will transfer the payment, but I didn't.

It was a nice bass, though.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2017, 09:06:43 PM »
Yes, that's exactly what the seller did. With the three I've sold on eBay in the past year and a half, that's what I did. If a blocked buyer had contacted me, I might have worked something out depending on the circumstances. That's preferable to having a possibly sketchy buyer on the other side of the world hit the BIN and then having to deal with it. As it happened, each of them sold so fast it wasn't an issue.

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2017, 12:22:21 AM »
The only time I asked someone in the US to buy a bass for me was years ago with the $650 Shadow on craigslist... it was too good to pass, so a friend in the US bought it for me and her mom who was visiting her took the Ric with her back to Israel.
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2017, 10:59:37 AM »
Ric and backer...  :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...