Author Topic: 1978 Peavey T-40 Fretless  (Read 4373 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: 1978 Peavey T-40 Fretless
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2017, 01:11:11 PM »
Amazingly, for all their weight, T-40ies were amphibious!

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

ilan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 12:33:11 PM »
My daughter is currently studying peace and conflict research at Tel Aviv University so I get first hand info!  8)
I live across the street from TAU. Seriously, cross the street, walk 300m south and that's my home. Tell your daughter she's welcome and if she ever needs anything and I can assist, I'll gladly do. My cell # is 052-2254624. By the way, my son is also a student at TAU (physics. but he also plays bass), my wife got her PhD there (IT management) and I went to graduate school (psychobiology).
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 09:36:23 AM »
Thanks, a whole TAU clan!  :)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

FlatEric

• View Profile
    • Flat Eric's Collection
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 02:57:17 AM »
As long as it balances well, that's what matters.

Hi to all. :)

I have been out of the loop for a while, some health issues but I am up and running (well meandering!!) again. :)
Popped in for a browse and spotted this bass.

Two things - Dave, How right you are!!! I have been banging on about this for years!

People say "how heavy is it?" - they don't say "How heavy is it and how well does it balance?"
I have a lot of basses and guitars and how heavy they "Feel" is down to both facts.
I have basses that weigh 8.5 to 9.5 lbs but because of their shape/design, "Feel" heavier as try to balance them, in order to play them.
On the other hand, something 10, 11 or 12 lbs "Feels" more comfortable as it is "Well Balanced"
There, that's my tuppence/two cents worth!!  :mrgreen:

Second thing - being a big fan of the Peavey T and doing a lot of research on them. . . . I have Never seen a maple board fretless and a T-40!
That is the first one I have ever seen!
Is that factory????

Y'all come back now.

Cheers. :)
Now a little more wiser. . . . .

Hörnisse

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 07:24:26 PM »
It appears factory with a bi cut neck and very low six digit number.  I haven't checked the pot codes.  They have about a zillion pickguard screws on these plus you have to remove the pickups. :o

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 05:02:04 AM »
I like the sound of maple fretless, played a few over the years.  I bet this one sounds great!

I've been interested in a T40 ever since I spotted one in photos of one of my favorite '80s underground US bands, Squirrel Bait, and was curious what it was.
Don't think I've ever played one though.
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy