Author Topic: AXL/DC to continue..  (Read 5666 times)

66Atlas

• View Profile
AXL/DC to continue..
« on: February 20, 2017, 05:10:30 PM »
And are looking to record an album.  I wonder if Duff will end up joining them, or maybe Mark Evans will avail himself.

http://sofa-king-cool-magazine.com/acdc-to-carry-on-with-axl-rose-and-record-new-album/

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: AXL/DC to continue..
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 06:36:57 AM »
Oh well, it's always good to have a plan B if that other career falters.

Hopefully, they will at least let him write his own lyrics.

I like Duff's bass playing a lot, but with A(xl)C/D(uff)C he'd be severely underchallenged.

Too bad that Dee Dee Ramone is unavailable too. I always found that AC/DC and the Bruddahs have something in common in the (near-moronic) single-mindedness of their approach.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:17:46 AM »
I think it was brilliant that Duff was replaced by the bass player of The Replacements in GnR and that Duff was the replacement for the Replacement bass player for a part of a GnR tour. And some people even asked what he did before temporarily joining GnR again:)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 11:21:05 AM »

Am I alone in not being interested in this particular assembly of players that are going to call themselves AC/DC?
 I'd respect it more if they whole enterprise were given a new identity.
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 12:33:37 PM »

Am I alone in not being interested in this particular assembly of players that are going to call themselves AC/DC?
 I'd respect it more if they whole enterprise were given a new identity.

Uhhh No You're Not

copacetic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 02:43:26 PM »
With you Mark on this.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 04:43:59 PM »
I agree.
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 04:55:49 PM »
Wind Generator...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 05:12:27 PM »
I somewhat admire Angus work ethic, But at a certain point its just silly to keep going.  At least he isn't going out with a band of holograms based on the former members a la Dio.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 11:13:08 PM »
Agree With all of you here. I grew up With them and never thought I'd dislike them but now I do.

This is a result of Angus saying for years that he'd never do a solo project or play in other bands.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2017, 07:25:31 AM »
Is ACDC some sort of sacred institution that is now sullied by having a new singer? It doesn't bother me so much. It should be interesting to hear some new material with a guy that can handle the kind of vocal range and timbre they have been known for. I don't remember hearing people crow about Paul Rodgers being in Queen for instance and he was even less of a natural fit compared to Axl with ACDC. Now if Led Zeppelin started back up with Bret Michaels I could understand some consternation there. Hopefully Jimmy Page doesn't get any ideas.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2017, 08:23:57 AM »
I don't give a screech who joins Angus on stage when he does his thing, it's all yawny after two or three songs to me.

However, it's no less credible than a solely Francis Rossi-led Status Quo or a "Rainbow" with Blackmore being the sole member who ever played on a Rainbow album. To the non-muso public Angus Young personifies AC/DC and Axl is at least someone they have heard of before.

People don't go to Bob Dylan concerts because of the particular bass player he plays with either.

Rodgers in Queen was an awful choice. Not because he wasn't Freddie (most people aren't), but because he was on opposite ends of Freddie, yet had to sing his songs. Rodgers is a great vocalist, but one thing he cannot: Sing tongue in cheek, yet with operatic grandeur, very much English Music Hall. And that is key with Queen. Rodgers patterned his vocal style after US-American blues and soul greats. Lambert is doing a far better job than Rodgers (who never sang a wrong note with Queen) - as Roger Taylor once quipped: Being gay helps the role!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 08:43:20 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

FrankieTbird

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2017, 09:49:13 AM »
Is ACDC some sort of sacred institution that is now sullied by having a new singer? It doesn't bother me so much. It should be interesting to hear some new material with a guy that can handle the kind of vocal range and timbre they have been known for. I don't remember hearing people crow about Paul Rodgers being in Queen for instance and he was even less of a natural fit compared to Axl with ACDC. Now if Led Zeppelin started back up with Bret Michaels I could understand some consternation there. Hopefully Jimmy Page doesn't get any ideas.

If it was just a new singer, it would be one thing (they replaced the singer before, right?), but now Malcolm is gone, Phil Rudd is gone, and as I understand it, Cliff Williams is gone too.  Angus is the only AC/DC guy left in the band.  I think they should have hung it up years ago, but these days, there's to much $$$ left on the table.

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 09:57:09 AM »
If it were just a new singer it might be interesting, but when the entire rest of the band is gone it's a whole 'nother thing for me.  It's just Angus' vanity project at this point, nothing wrong with him wanting to keep going but is it really doesn't feel like AC/DC anymore Malcolm, Cliff, Phil & Brian are all gone.  Even though the lineup changed over the years up to this point they still always came across as a "Band" to me as opposed to a vehicle to promote one superstar member.  Axl as a singer is probably a smart move because he'll sell tickets but even that feels like a gimmick. 

Maybe they can put a tour together with Lynryd Skynyrd.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 10:37:42 AM »
I didn't realize it's down to just Angus. That is kind of lame, like if Alex Lifeson was the only one on board with another Rush tour and he recruited Kip Winger and Phil Collins.  :o
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.