Author Topic: Case queen '82 P Special in rare Arctic White  (Read 5798 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Case queen '82 P Special in rare Arctic White
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 03:18:51 AM »
A guy in Holland collects those for finishes haha. And of course John Deacon used one.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 07:59:34 AM »
Here's my '63 P, original except for the '72 neck. I had it painted a Ford gold metallic around 1972. That may have hit the value hard, but no one had any idea about that. At the time, it was just an old bass with big chips in the paint.  I think this is a good color for a P.

Headstock, very early 70's.....

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 02:36:05 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 08:54:27 AM »
That's funny, my first "real" bass was also an '81 CAR ... but it was an Ibanez Blazer that in hindsight was clearly imitating that Fender CAR. 
It looked like this (not mine) - note the brass knobs, white pickguard, brass bridge with heavy tailpiece...  sure there are obvious differences, like the all-maple neck and the body shape, but I have to think they were consciously imitating the Fender, even the bridge design (brass, and fatter in the back than a usual P bridge).  And I unknowingly took mine closer to the Fender look for a while when I had a creme DiMarzio Model P in there!

I still have my Blazer in fact, though it has been mutilated beyond recognition since then... see my avatar!
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy