Author Topic: NAMM update from Chris (Embassy and Tbird content)  (Read 30791 times)

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Re: NAMM update from Chris (Embassy and Tbird content)
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2017, 12:41:10 AM »
Now that they have developed that two piece bridge, they might as well do a proper NR Tbird don't you think?

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2017, 02:09:38 AM »
Well that would be nice.
Louder bass!.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2017, 03:11:40 AM »
I talked to my Gibson rep and he said we don't have to expect anything bass from Gibson this year. 'Maybe a special run'. I know from the Memphis people from years ago, that they bought an old EB2 to get a reissue right, but nothing about that. This UK rep told me we could expect from Epiphone more, but strangely enough he knew nothing about the Embassy and Tbird (?!?!) while my Dutch rep send the pictures.... They weren't at the NAMM.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 05:06:11 AM »
Just heard the Epiphones are 2018 models and are expected this summer. Patience.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2017, 05:46:48 AM »
Makes me wonder of these are the "three new Gibson 2018 bass models" that the guys at Gibson Amsterdam were talking about a few months ago?
Most likely, yes.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2017, 08:18:08 AM »
Just heard the Epiphones are 2018 models and are expected this summer. Patience.

Summer you say? By that time trade with Red China will have come to an end.

Unless Epi builds a new factory in Taiwan.  :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2017, 08:33:55 AM »
Makes me wonder of these are the "three new Gibson 2018 bass models" that the guys at Gibson Amsterdam were talking about a few months ago?
Most likely, yes.

I thought the same thing. OTOH with Gibson you never know what to think until a model is actually available for sale online or in stores.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2017, 08:46:40 AM »
Can't remember if I told this (jet lag-ish) but we don't have to expect new Gibson basses soon, but more Epiphones than this three. But the fact my British contact didn't really knew about those three, maybe not, haha. And no word about the EB2 they promised years ago.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2017, 10:25:27 AM »
Summer you say? By that time trade with Red China will have come to an end.

Unless Epi builds a new factory in Taiwan.  :mrgreen:

All the more reason for Gibson to produce the reissue Thunderbirds in the U.S.A., and while they're at it, offer them in a single pickup configuration along with the period correct custom color of your choice. Trade war with China is still better than the alternative, which was war with Russia. Not too many basses are getting made period if that happened.
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2017, 05:22:40 AM »
I come from a country where our experiences with wars with Russia (started by us, not them) were very sobering. Generally not a good idea. Decline of the relations with Russia was the previous Administration's biggest gaffe IMHO.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2017, 07:08:17 AM »
I come from a country where our experiences with wars with Russia (started by us, not them) were very sobering. Generally not a good idea. Decline of the relations with Russia was the previous Administration's biggest gaffe IMHO.

Yeah, it will work out much better if we demonize China instead.  They've been content to buy instead of bomb for everything they want.  But they will definitely fight over Taiwan if it comes to that, and most of the world will be behind them.  They've improved the standard of living and infrastructure in every country they've had dealings with.  They are also a very united and patriotic people who take a long view of circumstances....and there's 1.5 billion of them.

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2017, 08:33:49 AM »
A military engagement with China wouldn't be pretty. I think they'd prefer to negotiate with their biggest customer instead. The President will work something out, he wrote the art of the deal after all.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/11/28/mosher-trump-will-win-trade-war-china/

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2017, 12:27:31 PM »
Yeah, it will work out much better if we demonize China instead.  They've been content to buy instead of bomb for everything they want.  But they will definitely fight over Taiwan if it comes to that, and most of the world will be behind them.  They've improved the standard of living and infrastructure in every country they've had dealings with.  They are also a very united and patriotic people who take a long view of circumstances....and there's 1.5 billion of them.

I didn't say that. I'm not Asia-phobic at all and while China is no postcard democracy, I admire how far they got their country (ravaged by the Sino-Japanese War and carved up by Western colonial powers) within 70 years or so. I'm not even a Dalai Lama fanboy: Anybody that decreased the infant death rate and increased the literacy rate in Tibet as much as the Chinese did, can close more than a few temples in my agnostic, deeply anti-esoteric book. Opium for the masses ... There I said it!

I even drive a Chinese car. Has Volvo gotten better since the Chinese bought them from Ford? No two ways about it. This is from someone who has been driving all sorts of Volvos for more than 25 years. My new one is vely state-of-the-alt, gleat cal!!!

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2017, 01:49:29 PM »
I didn't say that. I'm not Asia-phobic at all and while China is no postcard democracy, I admire how far they got their country (ravaged by the Sino-Japanese War and carved up by Western colonial powers) within 70 years or so. I'm not even a Dalai Lama fanboy: Anybody that decreased the infant death rate and increased the literacy rate in Tibet as much as the Chinese did, can close more than a few temples in my agnostic, deeply anti-esoteric book. Opium for the masses ... There I said it!

I even drive a Chinese car. Has Volvo gotten better since the Chinese bought them from Ford? No two ways about it. This is from someone who has been driving all sorts of Volvos for more than 25 years. My new one is vely state-of-the-alt, gleat cal!!!

Jumping to conclusions, counselor.  I'm no apologist for the past administration, their position on Russia made no sense, so did most of its other policies, domestic and foreign.  I was merely implying that substituting China for them as the new bogeyman makes even less sense.  China didn't 'steal' US jobs, the US corporatocracy happily sent them there...the same one that's going to resist mightily any effort by Trump to pursue a trade war that affects their profits.

My comment was mainly aimed at Ari and he rose to the bait...with a link to the current administration's propaganda arm.

Now, can we consign politics to some other forum like the outpost cafe where it doesn't impinge on stuff that provides me a diversion from how screwed up the world is? 

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2017, 03:14:29 PM »
We're just trying to figure out if the new Epiphone basses will still be affordable come Summer. I think they still will be, Mexican basses on the other hand... on second thought I better  :-X