Gear Discussion Forums > Fender Basses

Vintage Coronado II in action

(1/2) > >>

ilan:
Generally considered a crap bass, but this Italian bass player really kicks ass with his Coro II.

Start at 2:00

Skip to 03:00

Pilgrim:
I like that bass solo.  He has the "old school" tone down, for sure. 

4stringer77:
Yes the tone is great and perfect for the situation. I think the fact he doesn't have to use excessive amounts of volume helps achieve a nicely articulate and woody organic sound that showcases the semi hollow construction. Great chops and usage of chords.

Granny Gremlin:
Yep to all the above... but when he hits some of those high chords the tone is weird, like an action/fret issue.  Kinda to be expected with these things (bolt on + hollowbody).

Reminds me of the Jolana bass I played (unplugged only; surprisingly decent practice volume outa that thing) in a store earlier today, except it was a blue burst.

Dave W:
They are capable of sounding good in the right circumstances. I never could get mine to sound like I wanted, though.

I've probably posted this before, Jack Lawrence with the Greenhornes and his Coronado I. He toured with it for years, sounded great live the several times I saw them.  In recent years he's used a 4003.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version