Main Forums > The Outpost Cafe

Reptile Thread

<< < (2/13) > >>

gearHed289:
That's a good lookin snake!

uwe:
Purdy little crawler, rodent control has never been more attractive.

66Atlas:
Embarrassingly, I must confess that I had to google Bandicoot.  :-[

uwe:
You're not alone! And I'm still not clear whether he means the marsupial

or the rodent

The python probably has the same views on the subject as in this joke here:

The little girl with pony tails and a slight lisp enters the pet shop proclaiming: "Sfffir, I'd like to buy a baby bunny!" The shop owner, immediately endeared, bows down: "Would you like a cute little brown one or a cute little white one, honey?"  The girl, thinking quickly: "I don't think my pythhhhon givvvesfff a shfffit!"

veebass:
Update.
Snake is still here. My wife has relented for the time being as the snake has moved a little further from her constant view. Snake has taken up residence in the pool area- suns herself out in the open for most of the day before retiring to a spot behind the pool pump last two evenings (am guessing for the warmth or as an ambush site or both)- must be still too cool for her to hunt at night, I guess.
Every few hours during the day, the resident birds find her and all gather round (at a safe distance) at screech at her. She seems unconcerned. The laying around in the open during the day seems a bit unusual- you usually don't see them quite so easily in the middle of the day. She appears not to have fed recently (no tell tale bulges) so perhaps she is desperate for a feed.
The Bandicoots I mentioned are indeed marsupials. The ones here are quite big- about the size of a hare. They make quite a mess of our back lawn when they visit. There are quite a lot of them here. They dig holes- not sure whether they are after roots or worms - some mornings up to a hundred holes in the lawn.
I also doubt whether the snake would make a distinction between a Bandicoot and a Rat on the basis of species- the only determinant would be whether she could get the individual concerned down her throat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version