Author Topic: R.I.P Drbassman  (Read 6147 times)

Alanko

• View Profile
Re: R.I.P Drbassman
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 11:10:39 AM »
To echo the posts above, it is a very touching step to rename this sub-forum. I'm sad to say I joined here too late to know Bill, but I can tell he had a profound influence on a lot of people here, and it is nice to see him remembered appropriately.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 08:11:19 AM »
Credit where credit is due. In the Outpost Cafe thread, lowend1 proposed renaming the forum in Bill's honor. I just followed through with his idea.

Thank you, sir - and yes, nice touch leaving him on as moderator.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Daniel_J

• No, I'm not Japanese. I am Brazilian actually...
    • View Profile
    • Oficina_SB
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 05:52:24 PM »
Very sad to hear about this.

I haven't logged in here for quite a while, so I was very surprised when I saw the new name for the projects forum.

A while ago I exchanged some messages with the Doc, asking for help on a project I was doing at the time. He was very helpful and took some time to take some measurements of one of his basses to help on my project.
His help was crucial for the sucesses of my project, and for that I will forever be thankfull.

I've sent him pictures of the finished bass, and thanked him for his help. He responded: "Wow, that turned out beautiful!  Glad I could help!".
Those were simple words, but somehow that made me fell very proud about my work. It was like being a kid at school and getting the teacher's approval for something good I made.

Thank you, Doc! R.I.P.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 09:20:50 PM »
Nice epitaph Daniel... very nice...

... and as for Billy, +1 on what Dave said... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

rockinrayduke

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2016, 06:58:48 PM »
So sorry to hear of Bill's passing. RIP.

hollowbody

• Been working in the Kremlin with a two headed dog.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2016, 01:02:54 PM »
RIP. He was a true gentleman.

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »
Haven't been here much. This is sad and awful.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 08:36:09 AM »
sorry to hear about this, nice guy
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 07:17:47 AM »
 I have not logged in for a while and I am heartbroken about Bill I love that man I know this is an old topic but love transcends time.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
    Bill was truly one of a kind. I am not eloquent enough to express just how great a guy he was and how many lives he touched. I attended his calling hours, I arrived early and the line was out the door, hundreds if not thousands of people came to see him off. Everyone had a Dr. Bill story, all of kindness generosity and mentoring. He was my friend and bass brother. I miss him. I have been absent in part to his passing , techno difficulties and just life. Lets keep the projects coming and this forum active in his honor!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:00:41 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird