Author Topic: Hiwatt 4x12 question  (Read 8440 times)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
Re: Hiwatt 4x12 question
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 05:45:24 AM »
I'm out of town next week (leaving Sat) but back for the 3rd.  Worst case is me sending it home with a bud who lives in The Falls (we'll be jamming early that week).  I'll hit you up on PM after I check on some things, but I think the 4th might be the best bet for me to drive out to meet you.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2016, 02:09:23 PM »
Not exactly related, but wasn't about to start a new thread since I already got Scott's attention here.  Wonder if you 've ever come across one of these:

Apparently the same as a Hiwatt Slave 200 but in a rack mount chassis with XLRs for some reason. It takes 740V on the plates to get 200 watts out of those 6 EL34s; close to their operational limit and more than an SVT.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:53:15 PM by Granny Gremlin »

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »
??? :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2016, 07:37:25 PM »
    Never seen one of those before!  The 4th would work.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 03:00:05 PM »
   We the deal was done in the dark of night under the light of a half moon. Jake delivered the cab to my location, very very kind of him. Thanks so much Jake! I can't wait to get it sorted out and onstage. Pics to  come!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2016, 07:51:37 AM »
   Got it cleaned up a bit. The white pipping was painted in a gloss black, doesn't seem to be  the same paint used to spray the grill. The grill is salt and pepper but I am wondering if Hiwatt sprayed salt and pepper grills black in the 80's? The spray job is matt, very thin and very even doesn't look like a diy job. I cleaned the pipping with denatured alcohol the paint came right off. I tried cleaning the grill with a number of things nothing touched it ( going to try lacquer thinner next). I have a bolt of salt and pepper replacement grill, I will probably replace it over the winter. It is a pita job, the mounting frame is glued and screwed it will take some doing to get it apart. While I am at it I will load it with Eminence Deltas. I took the logo off my dinky practice amp funny enough it is the right size lol! The cab will be up onstage next week with Who's That. I'll get some picks and hopefully some video! Thanks again Jake!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:27:56 AM by godofthunder »

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2016, 12:06:55 PM »
No sweat, just glad this worked out.

Looks better already!