Author Topic: Poor Gwyneth ... - NEW: Bonus Kim K Kontent!!!  (Read 37252 times)

4stringer77

• View Profile
Uwe, you can't blame western colonialism for what you call raging anti gayism in modern Islam. Salafism is a throwback to 7th century Islam and their barbaric behavior isn't our responsibility. The problem is Islam and Europe needs to realize that to stop any more women or children from getting sodomized, to stop people from getting stabbed and run over by vehicles or worse. 
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Let's not go there.

4stringer77

• View Profile
Sorry, but much like a girl being pressured into giving up her heiney, Uwe goaded the conversation into a place I didn't want to go but felt compelled to do so.

lowend1

• View Profile
Before that I had seen "sodomy" scenes exactly twice on screen: in Lawrence of Arabia und in Cruising.

Missed "Deliverance", did we?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gLN3QoN-q8&ab_channel=keebler2000
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Yuppers, I was thinking of that scene from Deliverance myself.

One of the more memorable film sequences from that decade, and perhaps the only such scene of the decade in a major Hollywood movie...?
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

4stringer77

• View Profile

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Somebody saw too much Hieronymous Bosch art as a child!

I prefer this particular art form:

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com

Well, this took a strange turn, even by my reckoning  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Yes, I forgot Deliverance. Never saw the Pasolini one though the one about the last days of debauchery in Mussolini's puppet republic probably contained some relevant scenes as well. Never saw that either.

Honorary mention now that I think of it (alas!, memory is a fleeting thing):

A flawed movie that likely did more to ruin and forever typecast the great Malcolm McDowell than Clockwork Orange. I hope that he at least got a king's Cesar's ransom for his (perfunctory) performance in Caligula.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
And to enhance the subject in fine tradition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7GERh0sQzY

westen44

• View Profile
Somebody saw too much Hieronymous Bosch art as a child!

I prefer this particular art form:

I went to a museum in the Netherlands that mostly had art by Bosch.  I'm not sure if they ever figured out what that guy was on.  Seriously, though, those images kept going through my mind for days. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

4stringer77

• View Profile
The other Pasolini movie you're talking about is Salo. Very hard to watch. Don't see In The Realm of the Senses by Oshima or Antichrist by Lars von Trier either.
Can't mention Bosch without recalling Deep Purple's third album. Wish that lineup kept going a little longer.

lowend1

• View Profile
And to enhance the subject in fine tradition:

Once again, the obligatory Deep Purple reference.
They aren't the only ones who wrote about assplay, you know...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4reRJHJQUHQ&ab_channel=CrazyNights14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RanOTzJDpUE&ab_channel=OzzyOsbourne-Topic
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
I'll be comin' around
Knockin' your back door down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC43RZYWAyE

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
I'm a great fan of Lars von Trier's work, it can be disturbing and of great poetic beauty at the same time. Antichrist is still missing in my viewings, with my penchant for Willem Dafoe's acting I wanted to rent it out already some time ago after I had seen a trailer.

Yeah, I was gonna raise the Bosch/DP connection too. And I liked the first line up too, but with Evan's smooth crooning and Simper's melodic, but very early sixties style bass playing, they were too firmly entrenched in the ending decade (DP's 3rd album was released in early 69) and not well poised for the coming one. Blackmore had heard Led Zeppelin II and that was the death knell for that particular line up which would have probably along the way developed into more pastoral English prog, but they wouldn't have conquered American FM radio.

Rod Evans, that first DP singer and the voice of Hush, has disappeared off the face of this earth for decades now. He was last heard of in the early 80ies with the ill-fated and -advised bogus-DP that toured a few southern States in the US. From then on all trace is lost - no one knows whether he is even still alive. He still has earnings from his DP days, he had to surrender them for some time in the wake of the court action settlement of his bogus DP antics, but they were resumed a while ago, must be fed to some escrow account, no one has declared him dead yet and he seems to have no known living relatives. Your chance to claim that he was your dad!